Gift ideas for the B&M Owner?

Mr. Doug

Gorilla
I was trying to think of something to get the owner of my local B&M for Christmas.

I started looking for a vintage cutter, or something lie that for the shop. (One of those table-mount ones.)

Any ideas?

Maybe a nice bottle of wine, scotch, or some other fine beverage? He probably has access to almost anything cigar related unless you find something very rare and special.

A very nice bottle of scotch would do the trick. If he's not a scotch guy, a bottle usually always works :tu

I would get him a box of Philly Blunts:):) After you give him the dog poo sticks have a good chuckle then give him the real gift

a fiver of soemthing you both like and a drink you both like. sit down and enjoy with each others company ,and thank him for getting you good cigars at a decent price and good friendship.

I think a B&M owner might like some more customers... I know if I were the owner of a B&M that's what I would want. :ss

So I hang out at Bull and Bear @ Naperville, IL every night. I drink their bottled water, use their private WAP, use their electricty, eat their snacks, they buy me coffee and give me sticks all the time. Actually I've been noticing they charge me for the two most expensive cigars whenever I buy 3 at a time (they have 3 stick discounts at 10%). They pretty much have included me into their family. So this weekend I played Santa Claus...

So this is what I got:

Owner #1

filtered water dispenser w/5 gallon refillable jug (Chicagoland has a new tax on bottled water starting Jan 1, 2008)

Owner #2

150qt coolerador w/digital wireless hygrometer (since he loved mine and has been asking me to take him to Costco to get one)

Owner #3

MRN book!

I love gifting...especially when I find something that brightens up their days.
I won't mention the gag gifts I gave them. Trust me..they were freakin' hilarious!

So look around....pay attention to the owners when you talk to them. I bet you can find something that is fitting.

So I hang out at Bull and Bear @ Naperville, IL every night. I drink their bottled water, use their private WAP, use their electricty, eat their snacks, they buy me coffee and give me sticks all the time. Actually I've been noticing they charge me for the two most expensive cigars whenever I buy 3 at a time (they have 3 stick discounts at 10%). They pretty much have included me into their family. So this weekend I played Santa Claus...

So this is what I got:

Owner #1

filtered water dispenser w/5 gallon refillable jug (Chicagoland has a new tax on bottled water starting Jan 1, 2008)

Owner #2

150qt coolerador w/digital wireless hygrometer (since he loved mine and has been asking me to take him to Costco to get one)

Owner #3

MRN book!

I love gifting...especially when I find something that brightens up their days.
I won't mention the gag gifts I gave them. Trust me..they were freakin' hilarious!

So look around....pay attention to the owners when you talk to them. I bet you can find something that is fitting.

It's a good thing you love gifting because you are very, very good at it!

At my local B&M/club, I "pass a hat" every year, and we take the funds that come in, put it into Christmas cards and we let the employees do what they like with it. I agree though that you should do something nice, and applaud your taking the initiative.
One thing I like to do is find out what they like and get the bottle of that (if they like port - get a really nice port) etc.

I asked my dear wife to make something for the one of my frequent B&Ms this weekend. She had homemade cookies and fudge, and we put it in small containers with labels for the indivdual staff, with the left overs going to a general stash for some of the regulars that we know there. It was something different and since she made a cake for them a few months ago, they wanted more of her cooking.

I'm going to to shopping tomorrow. Maybe I'll get him a gift cert to his favorite steakhouse. He talks about it a lot.

Great ideas guys!

Back