Gifted Reviews #7 La Aurora Preferidos #1

stig

CS Death Bookie

I received this cigar from PB22, thanks this was my birthday smoke. This is the La Aurora Preferidos #1 which is 6” x 58 RG with a Cameroon / Brazilian wrapper and Dominican Binder and filler. This cigar has a nice slightly oily finish to it with small veins and is wrapped beautifully. The aroma prior to lighting has hints of leather and cocoa and is mild smelling. The end already has a small hole in it that is a nice easy draw so I will not cut the end, just light it with a cedar match and let it burn.

Okay, if you have read any of my other gifted review then you will know that I wait until the ash falls off on it’s own before I start to write any of my actual review so that I can see how well the cigar is constructed. Well there are cigars that are made well and then there are cigars that are made extremely well and this is that latter because the ash held on for a full hour and 4.5 inches. The ash burned a nice consistent light grey throughout. On the light the cigar had a slight bitter taste that went away after about 5 minutes and then there were pleasant tastes of leather and nuts all the way through this cigar that are medium bodied and very easy on the pallet. Thick rich plumes of light brown smoke wafted gently off of this cigar as I smoked it that filled the air with a very light and pleasant smell. Very, very light hints of spice were apparent that stayed consistent to the end, no big finish, just consistent and enjoyable. I smoked this one down to about an inch.

Nice review,,always wondered about the preferidos,,I'm going to have to buy a couple of them to give them a try.

Jerry in Minnesota.

stig said:

I received this cigar from BP22, thanks this was my birthday smoke.

I forgot that this was the stick I sent you, sweet! I'm glad you enjoyed it. All the La Auroras I have smoked have had excellent construction, but 4 1/2 inches!!! Holy smokes! I'm sure the ash looked pretty cool with the shape of the Preferidos.

BP22 said:
I forgot that this was the stick I sent you, sweet! I'm glad you enjoyed it. All the La Auroras I have smoked have had excellent construction, but 4 1/2 inches!!! Holy smokes! I'm sure the ash looked pretty cool with the shape of the Preferidos.

I took a picture of the ash a few minutes before it fell off, I will try and post it here later tonight for you to see. It was very cool even though my kids thought I was a dork for taking a picture of the ash.:sl

stig said:
I took a picture of the ash a few minutes before it fell off, I will try and post it here later tonight for you to see. It was very cool even though my kids thought I was a dork for taking a picture of the ash.:sl

Definately post a picture. :D

Very Nice Review!

I've not had a chance to try one of those yet but it's on my to do list, as are many others.

JohnnyFlake

Back