Glass top humidor vs. closed top humidor

okim08

Young Chimp
I'm in the market for a new humidor. I'm thinking of getting a glass top humidor ala' the El Rey Humidor. Are there any drawbacks with glass top humidors?

Yeah...
1) You end up spending a lot of time looking to the humi at your temp and humidity levels.
2) You constantly stare at your stock.
3) When looking in you start to think how much more can I put in there.
4) You accidentally mention how low but pretty your humi is and get bombed.
5) You end up spending a lot of time looking to the humi at your temp and humidity levels.

:D

go to Cheaphumidors bro and look at their imperfects section. That's where I got my glass top. :tu

Yeah...
1) You end up spending a lot of time looking to the humi at your temp and humidity levels.
5) You end up spending a lot of time looking to the humi at your temp and humidity levels.

go to Cheaphumidors bro and look at their imperfects section. That's where I got my glass top. :tu

What's up bro! You have made me a very, very, bad boy on the devil site! Hope things are well on the east side. Already looking at a few on that site, I have a bid on the devil site for humi.

Well as long as there is food on the table and the mortgage is being paid...I won't feel bad. :D

one of my humidors is a glass top one and I never had a problem with it. Mine sits on a self in the basement so I don't ever look in it unless I am going to a cigar out of it.

In most cases this depends on the the preference of the buyer. There is really not a big difference in funtionality from a glass top humi to a solid top humi.
The one possible downside to a glasstop is that the glass has another place for a bad seal that would cause the RH to drop.
As long as you buy from a reputable dealer you should be fine in either case.

Dave

Thanks folks, I'm leaning towards the glass top humidor. My take is less opening of the box, I can just peer into my box of sin-ful pleasures. :ss

Yeah :tu:tu:ss:ss:tpd:

Yeah...

I've given away a few glass tops as gifts and they always look impressive. I was told many moons ago to make sure you keep them out of direct sunlight since the glass allows heat transfer more readily, and that affects temp, but in actuality it's a good idea to keep ALL humidors out of direct sunlight for the same reason I guess.

Pick the style you like best and enjoy! :)

Thanks folks, I'm leaning towards the glass top humidor. My take is less opening of the box, I can just peer into my box of sin-ful pleasures. :ss

Don't worry you will still be opening it quite regularly. You will tell yourself that it is because you want to get some fresh air circulating in there, but mostly it's because they haven't developed a humi that you can smell your smokes though yet, and what good is looking if you can't smell that heavenly smell?

I'm in the market for a new humidor. I'm thinking of getting a glass top humidor ala' the El Rey Humidor. Are there any drawbacks with glass top humidors?

its not big enough...just jump and get a vinotemp or a huge cooler!

Don't worry you will still be opening it quite regularly. You will tell yourself that it is because you want to get some fresh air circulating in there, but mostly it's because they haven't developed a humi that you can smell your smokes though yet, and what good is looking if you can't smell that heavenly smell?

:tpd: Even though it's a glass top I still open mine. I also am loving my coolidor because the smell is amazing when I open her up to check the Temp/RH :dr

Back