Glass Top Humis - A bad idea?

JKeats

Gorilla
so i've thinned out my stockpile and am switching back to a desktop humidor (the 150 quart igloo is overkill now).

i found a nice little, inexpensive, humi. it's a 100-150 count. it has a glass top though (just a glass window... the whole top isn't glass obviously...). i like the way it looks, but wanted some input as to the disadvantages of this (if any).

is a glass-top humidor a bad idea?

thanks.

ditto. At the old cigar store we sold several like these with no problem. I remember one guy even bought some of that color plastic tint and put on it so it wasn't clear anymore.

The reason I ask is, I bought one from Thompson and I like the Humidor but the sealon the lid is somewhat questionable, so I would not recommend it. (although it seems to hold @ 70 it needs water more often)Other than that no issues with the glass top!

Hi:

Ive read somewhere that you should keep your stogies out of direct sunlight. Glass top is a nice unit to have. The direct sunlight will raise your temp in the humidor.:)

Good luck

I have a glass top. I keep it out of the sunlight but
I also do not have to open it to check the RH and temp.
It seems to hold fine. Also nice to have a little humi
candy to look at.:D

I have a glass top humidor also. Though it is near the window, I do cover the top with a magazine during the daytime. I only expose the glass during partys or when guest are over. Algae growth is a bitch to get rid of. :)

Back