Goin' fishin'

For the first time in ages, I am going to hit the water to do some fishing. I usually head up to the mountains to fish for trout or smallmouth bass. But, for the week, we are going to the coast.

I will mostly be fishing from a kayak in some of the backwaters and the intracoastal waterway of NC. Anybody who has done kayak fishing knows that one of the rules is that the fisherman will get wet. I will be doing both fly and spin fishing.

Sooooo . . . help me pick a smoke.

I'd like to do some of my fav's (tatuaje, hemingway), but I fear that the potential for getting wet means that it's probably a better idea to go inexpensive and short -- robustos, maybe.

Thoughts? I have some Short Stories, and a pretty generous assortment of robustos, but I'm not sure what bands go with "redfish." :tu

bundled cigars baby! La Venga or even the new Ashton Benchmade work perfect for $2-$4 a stick. You won't feel bad if you accidentally one in the water while baiting your hook. Then grab a few nice smokes for the evening around the fireplace/campfire.

personally, on the water, i would go with cheaper smokes. like said b4, bring the good one for arond the "campfire"

Back