Good, cheap, Nicaraguan cigars?

ShaulWolf

Gorilla
I'm curious, what are some good quality Nicaraguan cigars that are at a low price? Because of recent events my budget is fairly tight, about $50 for a box w. shipping. Because of this I can't get Padrons like I used to and have switched over to Sancho Panza as my go to cigar.

I like Sancho Panza, but it's Honduran, and I've noticed there is a difference in the way the tobacco tastes, however slight. I love Padrons, and I'm wondering if there's anything similar to it but at the price I've set for myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A couple of good ones from Famous, the Famous Nic series, free shipping on the 3000's and Flor de Oliva, especially maduros, well under $50.

I also suggest the Famous Nic 3000's

The Toro's are $45.99 + free shipping for a bundle of 20

Famous Nic series, free shipping on the 3000's and Flor de Oliva, especially maduros, well under $50.

I also suggest the Famous Nic 3000's

The Toro's are $45.99 + free shipping for a bundle of 20

Both these guys suggested the same thing I was going to. Good smoke for cheap.
Scott

Famous Nicaraguan 3000 is one of my go to stogies :tu
Flor de Oliva is great too!

I'll go ahead and fifth this - buy two bundles of Nic3Ks, smoke one and put one down for a few years.

Hard to beat Nic 3K's.

IMO the most underated Tabacalera out there (especially for value priced cigars) is Tabacalera Tropical (TT). Illusiones are made there and getting a lot of buzz lately - not a value stick though.

too many to mention, and lots have been sold on closeout over the last two years at Holts. Some variation in wrapper, but most often they are all Nic Puros with excellent Nicaraguan flavor. Smoke them DRY!!!! Some, especially older ones, have some burn issues. The one getting some attention lately from the cheap smokers here is the "Cuban Leaf". Another outstanding cigar by them is the "Famous Nicaraguan Private Selection" available at Famous.

My favorite from TT, no longer made, is the Condega Connecticut at Holts - http://www.holts.com/category.html?id=196110&trail=86665.

Bunched (not tablet folded) cigar with a fragile connecticut shade wrapper. Odd wrapper choice you don't see very often. Really works on this cigar for me, though some I have sent them too didn't care for them. But it really works for me. If you want a cheaper version of this cigar there are the "connecticut Crazies" also at Holts. If you like Nic tobacco, and want to try some with a "creamy/soft" nuance from the Connecticut wrapper - you might give these a try.

Take a look at TxMatt's cheap smokes thread. Lengthy thread, but there are lots of Nic cigars in there on the cheap.

Happy Hunting

:2

I have always liked the Famous Exclusives, Buenos Natural and Buenos Maduro ( $30. for a box of 40 )
The Cattivo Biondo is good also, ( $30. a box of 28 ) They need to be dried out a bit but you can't beat the price.
The Cattivo Maduro Sucks tho. ....

Yeah , the gang here knows what is good . The Nic 3000's from famous are a great cigar . Another from Famous for a few dollars more , $56 for the Aspira Corojo on special Buy one get one free with box purchase . :ss

Hmmm... from the responses I'm getting Nic 3000 and Flor de Oliva are the top recommended. I'll get a 5 pack of the two and see which I like more. I'll check out the other suggestions in due time as well, but I'd like to try out those two since they're so highly suggested.

Maybe try the CI Legend Yellow label (pepin), all nicaraguan for bout 3 bucks a stick. not bad IMHO.:cb

Back