Good smoke shesh/me rambling.

CigarMonkel

Alpha Silverback
So tomorrow is one of my good friends birthdays. Thankfully i introduced him into the cigar world and was able to steal him and another one of our buddies from there extremely busy life.

My friend (we'll call him friend 1 so no names will be mentioned) has had a few problems in the past due to gambling, drugs, and alcohol. In the past year he has completely turned it all around and now is working two jobs and going to school full time (keep in mind he's turning 20). As of today it was also his 1yr mark for gambling free.

So we decided to celebrate both his birthday and the 1yr of no gambling. I pulled out his Ashton ESG from my vinotemp (he keeps his premo's in my vino since its more reliable then his humi.), an Anejo (forgot the size) and an Partagas Ltd. Reserve 97. He smoked the ESG, my friend the Partagas and i the anejo. We sat outside in my backyard and shot the shit for a good hour and a half or so. There have been many times when we have said.. lets chill have a good smoke session... rarely has it been what we were hoping for due to weather, quality of smokes or random flukes here and there. Tonight was perfect and could not have asked for a better night. Absolutely no wind what so ever and we were blowing O's like we just learned how.

The ESG wasn't drawing as nice as my friend would have liked but that didn't stop him from nubbing it. The Anejo was my first Anejo and i think i fell in love. The Partagas was one of the best smokes my friend (fairly new to smoking cigars) says he has had yet. Overall... this is one for the books and one of the better nights of smoking i have had. Two great friends i've grown up with and have turned into brothers to me, perfect weather and absolutely great smokes. Sadly we were having such a great time none of us thought about breaking out the cameras or cell phones for this journey. It's nights like these that i thank god for, the chance to do things like this with friends. Growing up in nice neighborhoods with backyards, good friends, good smokes. Nights like these remind me, this is what living is.

Thanks for the rambling space :ss.

I just finished a night of music, tiki torch and moonlight, 3 cigars for me, and a case of beer between 3 friends all on my back deck. That IS living, simple pleasures shared with family/friends. Took me till 25 learn that, but I will never forget it.

Sounds like a great night. Nothing beats a herf with two friends...except a herf with three or more!:ss:r:bn

Back