Gosh Darn BEADS!!!!

thunderbucks

Guerilla
How do most of you fine folks use your beads? This might sound like a stupid question, but I'd just like to know how others utilize the humidity-controlling powers of these plastic buggers. I always hear about the tubes...but how the hell do you use one of those?

I just put mine in a Glad-Ware container, where they lie in a consistant 1/8-1/4 inch thickness. Just seems like it takes up space :hn

In my cooler they are sitting in a bowl and I just spray them with a water bottle. In my humidor I have them sitting in the foot of a pair of panty hose that I stole from the wife. I tied off the end and just spray the ph when ever it is needed. Simple, effective, and cheap.

I put them in the credo case, replacing the foam element that was in there. That way it can stay attached to the humi lid out of the way.

I've got most of mine in long thin containers, similar to tooth brush holder for travelling, and some in tubes. For the tubes, I just pull one endcap off and add water.:tu:tu

I have a mix of tubes and panty hose. Tubes for the desktop humi, and panty hose for the wine cooler and cooler.

Mel

I have mine in tubes now, but will switch to the hose method soon. There just seems to be too many to the little cracked one falling thru the holes in the tube. In my cooler I have them in a mesh bag I got from Heartfelt.

i have pantyhose bags, mesh fish filter bags, tubes in bags, retrofitted humidifier cases (there's a sticky on how to do it)-all work great, take up little space, & i can put them at the bottom of the humi since humidity rises-BTW, i spray them all

I have some in my isolation cooler. I bought them and they came with a nylon sock. I have yet to have to spray them yet. They are dead on all the time.

I have mine in tubes now, but will switch to the hose method soon. There just seems to be too many to the little cracked one falling thru the holes in the tube. In my cooler I have them in a mesh bag I got from Heartfelt.

So I am not the only one, I hate when those little pieces fall through!!

Have mine in a tube (obviously), but it is tough to distinguish between wet and dry after I spray them, going to try something different soon, it takes up the space of a churchill.

Ok, so these are some of the responses I was expecting...I just feel like it's somewhat tedious. So you pour water in the tube...then it is saturated with water. How the f*** long does it take to sit there and shake and wiggle all the excess water out of the tube?

Same with the hose...how freakin long does it take to get all of the excess water out?

Don't know if this is of any help, but in my case, I just use a spray bottle and spray the beads until about 75% of them are clear - there really isn't any excess water to get rid of. That might be more difficult with a tube, but I think if you limit the amount of water to an amount that can be absorbed, you won't have to worry about the excess. And if the humi is as dry as you describe, unless it will get the cigars wet you probably don't have to worry about a little extra water.

I bought 1/2 lbs beads from heartfelt and put some in a mesh bag, and replaced the foam in the humidifier in my humi with the bag. I also have 4 1oz tubes from heartfelt that I placed randomly in the humi. These are 65% beads...and they are amazing. I can leave the lid open for several minutes and watch the RH drop. Close the lid, and it is back to 65% within minutes.
When the beads get dry (turn white or the RH drops a bit) I have a spray bottle of distilled water that I can pull them out and give 'em a good spray, dry them off with a paper towel, and put them back in. Don't hesitate to buy from David/Heartfelt!
Edit: forgot to mention this is a 500 ct. Vicksburg humi. I have a few beads left over from the 1/2 pound.

Ok, so these are some of the responses I was expecting...I just feel like it's somewhat tedious. So you pour water in the tube...then it is saturated with water. How the f*** long does it take to sit there and shake and wiggle all the excess water out of the tube?

Same with the hose...how freakin long does it take to get all of the excess water out?

For 1/2 ounce tubes, I got a syringe at the pharmacy and add about 5-6 cc to re-hydrate the beads. This seems to work pretty well at not over-saturating the tube. For my bead bag, I use a spray bottle.

I just shake it out over my office plant... I have two tubes in there, I just hydrate one of them. :ss

How do most of you fine folks use your beads? This might sound like a stupid question, but I'd just like to know how others utilize the humidity-controlling powers of these plastic buggers. I always hear about the tubes...but how the hell do you use one of those?

I just put mine in a Glad-Ware container, where they lie in a consistant 1/8-1/4 inch thickness. Just seems like it takes up space :hn
I took the foam out of the humidifying devices and put the beads inside a mesh bag and put them inside. I also also bought a few travel humidifiers which are long thin humdifiers, i filled those up and put those in my drawers(one in each). They take up the space of one long cigar and are perfect for spreading the humidity around.

~S

I took the foam out of the humidifying devices and put the beads inside a mesh bag and put them inside. I also also bought a few travel humidifiers which are long thin humdifiers, i filled those up and put those in my drawers(one in each). They take up the space of one long cigar and are perfect for spreading the humidity around.

~S

I did the same using pantyhose instead of the mesh bags. I also have some just in pantyhose in the bottom. I mist them with a plant sprayer then dry off the outside a little. It works well for me and makes them easy to recharge when needed.

Back