Gran Habano #3

macjoe53

Alpha Silverback
Got bored so I visited my B&M looking for something different since just about everything in my cooler is a Maduro. Bought 5 Gran Habano #3 Churchills to try. I just finished my third one this afternoon.

All in all it's a decent smoke for under $4. All of mine were an even brown color and were well constructed. They had a nice aroma when unlit and lit easily and burned fairly evenly throughout the smoke. The first time I had to touch-up about halfway through but the other two smoked without a touch-up needed.

I was expecting a medium to full bodied smoke based on what my B&M told me but actually found it to be more mild to medium. They had a slight, peppery taste at the start but mellowed out to a slight nutty/leathery flavor. None of mine smoked harsh. I will admit that they got a little boring towards the last third of the smoke. Total time on each was close to two hours.

One confusing note. I looked these up on the internet and everything I read refers to these as being Nicaraguan but the label says Honduras.

One confusing note. I looked these up on the internet and everything I read refers to these as being Nicaraguan but the label says Honduras.

GH is made in Honduras with tobacco from Nicaragua and other countries. Try the #5's for more strength - my personal preference is the #5 roths. :)

Back