Gran Habano Corojo #5

St. Lou Stu

Keeper of the Loc-Nar
Well constructed, beautiful corojo wrapper, nice presentation w/ ornate dual bands.
Pre light draw was near perfect, just a bit on the lose side.
1st 1/3 powerful stick right off the start. Leather and coffee dominate the first inch. Slightly acidic flavor shows up an inch in and the draw went south in a hurry. Ash was dark grey and black. Smoke was rather hot due to the amount of work involved to overcome the increasingly tight draw. The best part of this smoke is not the smoke at all. It is the fact that I was outside and just had a flyover from 4 P51 Mustangs!
2nd 1/3 remains strong/bitter and earthy. I had to correct the burn a bit and am considering throwing this one down. I usually enjoy a strong smoke, but this one is too much work and the heat is making it worse. Another flyover! The draw worsens.

I give up. The fact that this was a gifted freebie is the only thing that keeps me from being completely upset.
1/2 way done and I toss it to the worms.
Maybe the Churchill I have of this one will be better.

Sorry to hear about that St.Lou. The GHC#5 has been on my list to try in the near future because it looks and sounds so good. Maybe you just got ahold of a bad one (and that happens QC issue). Something that the factory may want to focus on in the future is the draw. Well, give it some time and you can always try again...:cb

What size was it? I had my first one of these last night - Gran Robusto - and it smoke beautifully. I gave it a 9 (8 if I ignore the $2.75 ea price I paid for 5 of these).

This one was a Rothchild.
I'll chalk it up to a single bad smoke.
The draw was so inconsistent that it has to be just a bad roll.
It's been stored at 65%/60* for a few months so it wasn't due to wetness or anything like that.

I'll try the Churchill in a few weeks with a clean slate.

I've always loved these. never had any problems. for the price I think they're great! try another, maybe it was a bad stick!:2

Smoked a Gran Robusto yesterday - one of my go to smokes.

I think you just had a bad one; I've never had draw problems with these (knocks on head).

Keep the faith! :ss

I've always had great experiences with these cigars. For the money these cigars are hard to beat. I like the Imperial.

Back