Grand Habano Corojo #3

Volt

Chestbeating Pack Leader
Ok, my second Grand Habana in 7 days. Really wish I could remeber what the first one was - good though.

The Grand Habano Corojo #3... Very nice smoke, I really wish I had banded who gave it to me.

The cut - 10/10 - One of the best caps I have ever seen. Huge, I was able to cut the stick perfectly with the Palio. More cigar rollers should give us a cap this nice to work with.

Light and draw -10/10- Easy draw, perfect. The light went well and teh burn was razor sharp the whole smoke, never even hinted at getting out of line. Produced a smoke amount of 7 on a 10. Plenty to play with but not obnoxious. Some sticks actually produce to much for indoor smoking.

The taste - 8/10 - Can't tell you the flavors, just a nice corojo stick if you like them. It was though absolutly smooth, not one hint of harshness. Easy to pass through the nose. Not mild, closer to a med but not a hint of tobacco harshness. A bit one deminsional but in this smaller size, it didn't get boring. I think any bigger and it would not have been as good a smoke.

I definitly recommend if you passing through the B&M and you see them

not that it "matters" that much, but I think the Corojo is the #5. The #3 I want to say is the "Fumas" or "3 Siglos"

More importantly, it's the red wrapper if you're looking to buy a GH Corojo. :ss

not that it "matters" that much, but I think the Corojo is the #5. The #3 I want to say is the "Fumas" or "3 Siglos"

More importantly, it's the red wrapper if you're looking to buy a GH Corojo. :ss

I saved the bands and I think your correct. As I look super close the second band, it is red and it does appear to be a 5. Super hard script for these old eyes. It would matter if some one went looking for it and I lead them astry, thanks for the catch.

The number 3 (black label) is Habano wrapper. The number 5 has a red label and a Criolo wrapper and the number 1, a green label, has a Connecticut wrapper.

While Volt may have smoked a number 5, the "3 Siglos" is a different blend all together than the Number 3. Which is also a different blend than the "Gran Habano Fumas".

(I am a fan of the Gran Habano line). :tu

Last edited:
If it was a #5, it might have been me who sent it to help guard the rosados. Glad that you enjoyed it, one of my favorites.

Nice review! I havn't had one of these in a while. I like them and they now have a lancero for the #5 blend. :dr

I go back between the criollos and corojos for preferance ... when they first came out, the rothschilds were in boxes of 40 and available at fullers pullers for a great price (around 80 bucks or less if I remember correctly). Very nice smokes IMHO.

If it was a #5, it might have been me who sent it to help guard the rosados. Glad that you enjoyed it, one of my favorites.

Ding, ding! I do believe you are correct. Many thanks and as someone else mentioned the 3 Siglos that was the other stick I smoked from a FFF bomb. The GH lines don't seem to get a lot of press at CS, but were good sticks. I liked both equally well. The 3 Siglos was a bit more complex, good as it was longer and I think the #5 was the perfect size for it's flavors. I did actually find myself somoking it a bit fast last night because it was so smooth and easy on the senses. Gonna have to doa price check on them.

Well, a little research has proven:

Gran Habano Corojo #5

The Corojo #5 blend is the most full bodied cigar in our line. It is quite strong full body cigar with a deep premium flavored taste. Costa Rican and Nicaraguan longfillers with a Costa Rican binder and a spicy Nicaraguan Corojo wrapper. This blend is very rich with a robust and bold taste.

After reading this, it is a nice full bodied smoke. Strong... not so much, like I said maybe medium. Rich - yes and bold... maybe not as much as others.

What's wierd is their own website doesn't list the 3 Siglos. Looks like I smoked the GRAN ROBUSTO - 6x54 (smallest 6 inches I've seen, I would have guessed ~5). At $3 a stick, this cigar actually goes up in my estimation, an outstanding value for the cost.

GRAN ROBUSTO 9/10 over all.

PS Ok - insane prices.... I just did a quick buy on Gran Habano Corojo #5 Fumas Toro (20) for $20. A dollar a stick... The devil site has paid off here. To those always looking for "yard gars", at a $1 a throw and tasty... Just wish they had been robustos.

Last edited:
PS Ok - insane prices.... I just did a quick buy on Gran Habano Corojo #5 Fumas Toro (20) for $20. A dollar a stick... The devil site has paid off here. To those always looking for "yard gars", at a $1 a throw and tasty... Just wish they had been robustos.

cBid has the Fumas for cheap all day, every day. Not sure if you are aware but the Fumas (I've never had one) is some sort of sandwich cigar or something. I'd hope you come back and give an impression of this as well....seems some like them almost as well as the main line (#1, 3 and 5) and some don't

The number 3 (black label) is Habano wrapper. The number 5 has a red label and a Criolo wrapper and the number 1, a green label, has a Connecticut wrapper.

I had Gran Habano a few weeks ago which had a red label and was marked Corojo No. 3. I did enjoy it as well. Good cigar.

Apologies, I stand corrected. Just dug out the band, and it was a 5 indeed. Don't know why I remembered mistakenly that it was a 3 - probably too many cigars...

We should all have that as a problem. To me - it just looked like a 3. Can't wait for the devil site to ship.

cBid has the Fumas for cheap all day, every day. Not sure if you are aware but the Fumas (I've never had one) is some sort of sandwich cigar or something. I'd hope you come back and give an impression of this as well....seems some like them almost as well as the main line (#1, 3 and 5) and some don't

Anybody know how the ash holds together on the Fumas? I hate most mixed fillers because they get ash all over me! :gn

Also, how close is the flavor profile to that of the regular line?

When I tried my first GH#5 I didn't like them. Way to strong/harsh.

After a few months aging, I had another one and loved it. Aging these does help.

I've never had the fumas. The prices are very good, but in general short-filler and mixed-filler cigars have more burn problems and often don't taste as good. Example - I love Fuentes but the other day I had an absolutely horrid Fuente Curley Head, which is a short filler cigar filled with the trimmings from OpusX. Doesn't taste at all like OpusX, believe me.

Back