Graycliff 1666 Torpedo review

Smokin Gator

Young Ape
I know this one has been done before and most I have read were pretty negative. My experience was a bit different (I am a noob so take it for what it's worth):

A month or so ago I bought a few Graycliff 1966 torps. I got them at a good price but had read some negative things about them so I really didn't have big hopes for the smoke. Pulled one out last night and LOVED IT!!!

The construction was beautiful. There was one long sort of oversized vein, but other than that is was very smooth and firm. The pre-burn draw was sweet with a little bit of woodiness. I toasted the foot and was pleased at the hint of mocha and wood. The burn was perfect but without a super long ash. I would say about an inch and a half.

The flavor profile was outstanding. It was sweet throughout but had periods of creaminess, mild spice, cedar, and nuts. It was by far the most multi-dimensional smoke I have had yet. It was definitely more on the medium side than I usually go for but it was such an interesting cigar that I didn't really think about that until after I was done.

I gotsta be getting some more of these!!

Nice review. :tu I did one of the earlier ones. My take on it was that it had major construction issues but the taste is great. Construction seems to be real hit and miss with these. That said I've even bought two more sampler packs after my review. I think it's a great tasting smoke.

Back