Graycliff Double Espresso question

Nabinger16

SilverBack
On Friday I pulled the trigger on the Joe deal for the X-Treme 50 cigar case and 10 Graycliff Double Espresso's. I received them this morning and let me tell you, these cigars look like crap. I have smoked a number of the Graycliff Espresso's and they are a fine looking cigar. They've all been well rolled, smooth, and consistent from cigar to cigar. These Double Espresso's I received are lumpy, inconsistent colored, and veiny cigars. Some of the bands were not glossy and appeared to be faded on one side or the other. Some of the bands appeared to be in mint condition. Not to mention 6 of the 10 had either split feet or cracked heads. All of them were extremely dry, they all felt light as a feather. I'm going to email CI about the damaged cigars. I have no doubt they will take care of it for me.

My question to the Jungle is, has anyone else seen the Double Espresso? Are they normally this crappy looking? These things look like cheap knock offs you would find at some street corner. Like I said the Graycliff Espresso is a beautiful cigar. It shocks me that Graycliff would intentionally release a cigar that like this.

Thanks for the info.
Trent

Sounds like they may have been dried out or damaged during shipping. The DE's are usually of the same caliber and quality you would expect with the other Graycliffs. The ones you describe are nothing like my experience with them and I think you may have just recevied a bad batch.

You are on the right path to contact CI customer service and they should rectify the problem.

I bit on the same deal. I also bit on the 10 pack deal several days ago. THey don't look just great, but the one I smoked from the 10 pack deal was spot on. I also didn't have any issues with split wrappers. CI has great CS and will take care of you, no doubt. FYI, these are strong suckers.:ss

I got a 10'er on the CI deal about, oh, 5 weeks ago? And they do look horrid, but I think that they way they are. Someone posted pic's and complained about the same thing, called the Frankensteins or something. I will see if I can dig that up, but yeah, this seems to be the m.o. with these.....not had one yet to see how it smoked.

I jumped on the same deal, the case and smokes arrived on Tuesday. Yes the smokes are not pretty to look at but they smoke wonderfully.

I bought a mazo a couple months ago on cbid.
They are rugged looking. The wrappers have large veins and they almost look as though they are sun-faded. I felt that was the look they were going for because they were and still are a beautiful cigar.
Delicious, too.

I won a couple of singles and they look and feel great to me. I haven't smoked one yet but I anticipate them being at least as good as the regular espresso (which I love).:ss

I bought the Joe cigar deal that was a few weeks back, it was 10 double espressos and they looked liked hell. Some of the bands were falling off and one was taped on with scotch tape. I gave them a call and got 10 new ones that look outstanding. Just drop them a buzz, they will take care of you. :tu

I bought some Padilla 1932's from CI and had the same problem. Dry as burnt toast cracked wrappers and feet on the half of the cigars. Didn't event break the shrink wrap called them sent them back they replaced them immediatly with some immaculate cigars. I think when you deal with the volume they do some slip through the cracks. Personally I can't imagine how someone put those in a box in that condition and sent them to me but I suppose if you are just putting cigars in boxes for 8 hours you make a slip now and again.

I've noticed some ugly ones before of both, the Espresso and Double Espresso.
They tasted and burned flawlessly though.
I wonder if Cbid would be up for a call something like this:
"These things look like crap, but I'll give 'em a chance. I'll smoke one and if it's OK, I'll keep 'em. Otherwise you're gonna buy them back right?"

Back