Graycliff Espresso Robusto

St. Lou Stu

Keeper of the Loc-Nar
I actually had this stick yesterday thanks to another great BoTL.
You know who you are, and thank you again!:tu

Sorry for the lack of pics, but the camera fogged up when I took it out in the 35-40 degree temps.

My tasting notes:
What appears to be a nice triple cap, Great pre-light aroma and taste. Wonderful pre-light draw and flavor.

1st 1/3-Rich, deep flavor from the beginning. Earthy, subtle spice and yes, a little coffee peeks through. Just a touch of sweetness.

2nd 1/3-Purged, Subtle spice has died off, more earthy now with a bit of a leather and cacao flavors starting to appear. Coffee still there? Or am I just imagining that due to the name? Seems to be there. Tons of cool smoke.

Last 1/3-Leather has picked up, subtle spice has returned again. Ash falls rather easily. Flavor at this point reminds me of a Strong Bolivar RC without the grassy flavor. Burn is near flawless and any inconsistency corrects itself rather quickly.Aroma just keeps getting better.

Over all, an earthy powerhouse from start to finish.

A GREAT stick! 16/20

Last edited:
Stu,

Thanks for the review. I was wondering how these were. I love the Crystal Pirates and had read good things about these. I'll have to pick up a couple to try.

Awesome review! I have some Double Expresso's that I won on CBID that Ive been dying to try. Ill have to let them sit for a bit first

Back