Graycliff Shaggy?

icehog3

Admiral Douche Bag
Staff member
Has anyone ordered and/or smoked one of these? Here is why I ask:

I am a fan of the Graycliff Expressos and the Grand Chus. I saw these shaggy foot cigars on CBid and decided to get one to see if I liked it. I have yet to smoke it, but here is the issue.

It has been sitting in my humidor at 65% for a couple months now, and seems to be slowly falling apart. The wrapper is cracking at the foot, peeling back and falling off...with no contact, movement, etc. I have had shaggy footed cigars before (VR Farmies, for instance) and never seen this happen. Everything else in the humi is fine, so it isn't a humidity (65%) or a temp. problem (62 degrees).

Wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem, and warn curious Gratcliff fans that you might want to steer clear of this one.

Tom,

I have about 10 of these and I kept some in my test humi at 65% they all cracked at the foot. They need to be kept wetter, it seems that with the really open foot they are more sensative to the RH changes.... I think you will find if you squeeze one they will just crumble.......

Let me know how it goes........

Tom,

I have about 10 of these and I kept some in my test humi at 65% they all cracked at the foot. They need to be kept wetter, it seems that with the really open foot they are more sensative to the RH changes.... I think you will find if you squeeze one they will just crumble.......

Let me know how it goes........

I doubt that is the case. at drew we make some cigars w/ a cocktail foot and that's never been a problem.

It looks like that picture but I am not sure if it is exactly the same....$750 MSRP?? I paid $9. It does have the black band like the Expresso though.

Unless someone badly mis-priced them, it's not likely to be the same thing then. Does it say "Espresso" on the label? It's a large piramide?

Unless someone badly mis-priced them, it's not likely to be the same thing then. Does it say "Espresso" on the label? It's a large piramide?

No, it has a rounded cap and the black Graycliff band but doesn't say "Expresso".... I'm sure it can't be the exact same cigar you posted, I doubt CBid would give up money that easily! :r

No, it has a rounded cap and the black Graycliff band but doesn't say "Expresso".... I'm sure it can't be the exact same cigar you posted, I doubt CBid would give up money that easily! :r

It does not say expresso??? All of mine say expresso on the side of the band........

es-pres-so |e?spres?| noun ( pl. -sos) strong black coffee made by forcing steam through ground coffee beans.

Sorry, pet peeve :)

Anyway, assuming it is an espresso, the price is excellent for that blend.

es-pres-so |e?spres?| noun ( pl. -sos) strong black coffee made by forcing steam through ground coffee beans.

Sorry, pet peeve :)

Anyway, assuming it is an espresso, the price is excellent for that blend.

You're absolutely right....I learned something new today, won't make that mistake again. :)

Still looking to hear from someone who:

* Has or hasn't had similar problems with the cigar like I mentioned in Post #1
* Has smoked one of these and can tell me how it was. :confused:

I've got four of these in my box (65-68% with beads and 70-72 Temp). I smoked 1 when I got the 5er and felt it was a bit wet, but a good smoke. Very much like my regular Greycliff Espressos from a year or so ago. Now you have me thinking I need to check on them.

I'm back...The ends look a bit more frayed and wider than when I got them, but the foot doesn't seem cracked. I'll have to fire one up soon and get back with you.

I've got four of these in my box (65-68% with beads and 70-72 Temp). I smoked 1 when I got the 5er and felt it was a bit wet, but a good smoke. Very much like my regular Greycliff Espressos from a year or so ago. Now you have me thinking I need to check on them.

I'm back...The ends look a bit more frayed and wider than when I got them, but the foot doesn't seem cracked. I'll have to fire one up soon and get back with you.

Thanks for the info! I love the Espressos (look moki, got it right :) ), but don't think I will get any more of the shaggy foot style in the future. :2

Back