Great Tip: fast filling your lighter

RenoB

Back from Shack :(
Do you dread having to refill your butane lighter? Don't have the patience to futz with the nozzle while waiting for the fill to be completed? Never sure just how much fuel the lighter actually took?

Try this!

Put your lighter in the freezer for half an hour or so. Use a room temperature can of butane. Then fill your lighter as you normally would. It will take the fuel quickly, filling to the brim - even when the can of butane is nearing empty.

I didn't believe at first but have done it several times now and am amazed how quickly and thoroughly this works. Have at it!

Hmmm....thats interesting

I love the little tricks that come out on CS....

Though I don't recommend putting cigars in the microwave to advance the aging process! :pu

(97White97jimmy97 told me about it....never tried) I didn't remember where the 97 went..sorry James

Put your lighter in the freezer for half an hour or so. Use a room temperature can of butane. Then fill your lighter as you normally would. It will take the fuel quickly, filling to the brim - even when the can of butane is nearing empty.

Thank's for the tip!

Dmntd

Hmmm....thats interesting

I love the little tricks that come out on CS....

Though I don't recommend putting cigars in the microwave to advance the aging process! :pu

(97White97jimmy97 told me about it....never tried) I didn't remember where the 97 went..sorry James

I didn't tell you to put your cigar in the microwave! I remember the conversation though....we were sitting at Eric's house, and I was making fun of the guy who was talking about it on here.

I have been doing this (when i think about it) for a couple years now and it does work great. RJT

First day of vacation tomorow I will have to smoke a few sticks to empty my lighter.:D Just so I can test this out.

Dominic

Do you dread having to refill your butane lighter? Don't have the patience to futz with the nozzle while waiting for the fill to be completed? Never sure just how much fuel the lighter actually took?

Try this!

I didn't believe at first but have done it several times now and am amazed how quickly and thoroughly this works. Have at it!

i usally keep my butane in my arm pit for like 5 min... works a lil better...

that is what i use to do when i had my nitrous bottles filled for my car. you freeze them first. it allows you to fit more gas in the tank and quickly

With my luck, I'd leave my lighter in the freezer overnight and ruin the damn thing, so I would be taking my chances trying something like this.:rolleyes:

Back