Green stuff on my Stick(s)!

stogie4u4me

ChestBeater
I recently received some sticks from a company that for now I will keep their name private and noticed on the 2 different brands I ordered PSD4 and some Cohiba Siglo's "green stuff" on the wrappers. I have read a couple of threads about it and some say that it is OK and some say it isn't. Also I am not sure if it is mold or not. And it won't come of when wiped with a cloth. I don't think it is mold. However, being new to cigars I would like some help in this matter. Sorry the pictures are a little blurry.

I'll chime in here because I've had this happen to me. Do not worry it is not mold. As long the green stuff is not fuzzy or lifting up off the wrapper you should be ok. I believe this is fairly common with "those type of cigars", I have a few in my humi right now with the same green stuff on my bands and wrapper. I think it has something to do with the leaf itself.

It's very common on Cuban wrappers. It's probably just water spots. It's not mold, your cigars are fine.

Thanks for the question, I had a similar experience. I got a cedar wrapped Equus as a freebie. I took the cedar off and it was what I described as "mottled" and looked a lot like your pictures. I lit it up and smoked it and it was a GREAT cigar.

Back