Greetings from Switzerland!!

Ninja Vanish

Evolving Lead Gorilla
Well, I made it over here...suffered through 9 hours of flying, 4 hours of train riding, and a +7 hour time difference. I haven't slept since June 12th and I feel like my eyeballs are about to have the corneas scratched clean off. And to make matters worse, I have nothing to smoke. I'm getting desperate. I had the perfect set up today too, I was sitting out on the patio at the Hotel Eiger in Murren looking up at the Jungfrau peak and the weather was pretty nice, couldn't see all the way to the summit because of the clouds but the sunlight was glistening off the glaciers and the snow run-off forming into waterfalls which go cascading down the side of the mountain thousands of feet below into the enormous and incredibly steep valley which holds Lauterbrunnen and Grindelwald. I could have smoked a whole box and just sat there for as long as it took to get them all gone...but alas, I was without the proper equipment (namley a cigar). Perhaps I will find a place tomorrow and recreate the situation except this time with a nice ISOM keeping me company.

Ninja Vanish said:
Well, I made it over here...suffered through 9 hours of flying, 4 hours of train riding, and a +7 hour time difference. I haven't slept since June 12th and I feel like my eyeballs are about to have the corneas scratched clean off. And to make matters worse, I have nothing to smoke. I'm getting desperate. I had the perfect set up today too, I was sitting out on the patio at the Hotel Eiger in Murren looking up at the Jungfrau peak and the weather was pretty nice, couldn't see all the way to the summit because of the clouds but the sunlight was glistening off the glaciers and the snow run-off forming into waterfalls which go cascading down the side of the mountain thousands of feet below into the enormous and incredibly steep valley which holds Lauterbrunnen and Grindelwald. I could have smoked a whole box and just sat there for as long as it took to get them all gone...but alas, I was without the proper equipment (namley a cigar). Perhaps I will find a place tomorrow and recreate the situation except this time with a nice ISOM keeping me company.

Sounds like a fantastic place for a cigar. I am going to be in Liechtenstein in a few months and I am sure I can find a similar setting to enjoy a smoke. I am really looking forward to it.

Have fun Ninja! Last time I was in Switzerland, Cubans were relatively inexpensive (at least compared to the rest of Europe). The Davidoff store in Geneva is worth a visit. I think there's also a place called Gerard there that's pretty good. I can't remember where I bought sticks in either Zurich or Lucerne though--anyway, there are plenty of places to stock up while your there, so enjoy all the great food, drink, and Cuban cigars you can!

Bienvenue a Europe!
Hey, Ninja, don't slay too many Swiss, they make good cheese and have a navy.
And avoid the Swiss Fraulien like the plague!

It will probably be hard for Ninja to e-mail pics that can be downloaded to CS. Camera he has with hime is a professional digital that probably can't take pics less than a meg in size. He e-mailed me about the time of this thread, and was hitting the sack, so probably no replies here for at least 12 hours.

In answer to one question, he will be in Switzerland for 9 days.

SvilleKid said:
It will probably be hard for Ninja to e-mail pics that can be downloaded to CS. Camera he has with hime is a professional digital that probably can't take pics less than a meg in size. He e-mailed me about the time of this thread, and was hitting the sack, so probably no replies here for at least 12 hours.

In answer to one question, he will be in Switzerland for 9 days.

AW MAN! I was looking forward to some nice scenery.

Hey Jeremy.... no laptop with Photoshop on it? We need pictures! C'mon, reduce a few of those great shots.... get one with you in puffing on an ISOM with the glaciers in the background!

Email them to me and I will do the rest if you want/can. send them to

rod @ the letter "P" and then the letter "t" then "L" then "PS" dot com

Have lots of fun buddy!

I dunno, doesn't sound to me like having a good time at all :fu

Have fun mate, Mmmmmm a Swedish massage while smoking ISOM...... that could be good.

Whatever you do, enjoy yourself, oh.... and you may want to apply for residency if you can..... your old man is a little cheesed for selling him out to me :r

Franksmith said:
Hey Jeremy.... no laptop with Photoshop on it?

Actually, I had not thought of that. We loaded Photo Shop CS on the laptop before he left, so I guess he can "dummy" them down to lower resolutions for forum.

Now if he can only find time between hunting a cigar source, doing photo-journalism class work (if you really can call this a class), fending off the women (he seems to draw them like bees to honey), and enjoying a smoke to get a pic of. Wonder what the person behind the camera that takes the pic of him will look like?

I didnt know he was studying photography! Thats cool, that was my major.

So is it true all the women there are 5'9", blonde, blue eyes, and big

JDO said:
Sounds like a fantastic place for a cigar. I am going to be in Liechtenstein in a few months and I am sure I can find a similar setting to enjoy a smoke. I am really looking forward to it.

I went there with poker a few years ago. An incredibly beautiful place and lots of places for smokes. You should pm poker and he'll point you to all the small very friendly smoke shops. Hopefully you are going on vacation and can rape and pillage all the small smoke shops for old cigars like I did! ;) Smokes were readily available in Zurich (by train I went) as well. Great shops, great people and scenery but you better save up some money to eat! OMG their food is expensive!!!

Wel, I think I might could get some photos small enough to fit on CS, if not we are supposed to be uploading a bunch of stuff to a website as we get it edited and all, I could post a link to it when we get it going. So far though, no Swiss Fraulein to speak of so dont' worry about that Lumpy. And the clouds have been in to heavy to really get any good shots of the mountains, I'm going down into the valley today to maybe get some shots down there but I don't know if the weather will be much better. We can only hope.

And as soon as I find a cuban here, it's dying on behalf of every BOTL (and SOTL) who couldn't be here to enjoy it with me. Auf Weidershen (or something like that).

I like switzerland, it's beautiful. Last time i was there was in October of last year and the colors was awesome.

liechtenstein is a tiny, tiny little valley -you may want to make it over to the neighboring countries. Keep your passport handy, they check foreign passports for some reason.

Stay away from Stroh Rum. It's 80% pure alcohol and can burn a hole through your mouth if you drink it. For some reason it's really popular there.

And tell the ladies "ein langsammen, schoenen..." (the folks who likes "das boot" knows the end to this sentence)...

p.s. I have an nikon D1x 5.5MP camera. Awesome pics, i just don't understand what kept from going digital for so long...

SvilleKid said:
... fending off the women (he seems to draw them like bees to honey)...
And we all know bees can sting... so stay away Master Vanish... let those ladies get away... Me and Goat Locker will be round to disarm them later...

And enjoy yourself, foo'! Eat all the fondue you can, it'll never taste better!

filly said:
I went there with poker a few years ago. An incredibly beautiful place and lots of places for smokes. You should pm poker and he'll point you to all the small very friendly smoke shops. Hopefully you are going on vacation and can rape and pillage all the small smoke shops for old cigars like I did! ;) Smokes were readily available in Zurich (by train I went) as well. Great shops, great people and scenery but you better save up some money to eat! OMG their food is expensive!!!

Sadly, I am going for business, but hopefully I will have some free time to get out around the city and perhaps catch a train to Zurich.

GOAT LOCKER said:
Oh yeah, stay away from the little Swiss hotties! Bad news!

There, that should work. More for Lupold and Me!!
I'd have to disagree - though I never had Swiss, I do know that it's great times to have a little fling w/ a local hottie in a foreign country.

Back