guess I overdid it

fizguy

Lowland Gorilla
I enjoyed a herf at a friend's house on Saturday night. He cooked up some shrimp on the grill as well as burgers and hot dogs. He also provided the Hop Devil and Double Bock. In the 3 hours I was there I had some shrimp, a couple burgers, and two beers. But I think I overdid it when it came to cigars. I started with a Tatuaje Red Label East coast, moved to a Pepin blue label robusto, and finished with an Oliva series G toro. I was feeling the nicotine, but not too badly. I made sure to eat in between each one. The next day, and today, however, my throat is quite sore and there is a ton of thick mucus (sorry) in there. There is another herf on Tuesday but I may have to give it a pass.

Anyone else experience this?

I guess I should add that I have had three or four cigars in the same day, but not in that short of a time span.

Ive overdone it nicotine wise but never experienced the symptoms you are having. Maybe you just have a cold?

Yeah I would say you have something viral going on Man - unless you were inhaling a great deal of the cigar smoke?

Ive overdone it nicotine wise but never experienced the symptoms you are having. Maybe you just have a cold?

I have also considered that possibility. It's just that I had no symptoms and felt fine prior to smoking. Maybe the virus was there already and the little bit of irritation gave it a chance to thrive or something.

i can see that happening. maybe you were smoking to fast? inhaled? dont smoke for a couple of days, let your throat chill for awhile and u'll be fine =)

It's springtime up here and I've had to ease up on the smoking until my eyes quit itching and the pollen season slows down. Dude give yourself a few days to let your system recover and see if anything else is going on with your health. You should be able to tell in a couple of days. :ss

I smoked a few cigars on a Sunday afternoon two weeks ago and woke up monday morning with a sore throat as well. I chalked it up to the cigars but it turned out I ended up with a cold and was sick for like 5 days :(

here in the mid-south, lately, there's been something in the air - and the weather's been weird too. i've noticed in the past few weeks my throat bothers me after a cigar. scratchy, some phlegm, etc. I don't normally have issues like this either...

I think for the most part we've all been there, although I'm sure someone exists out there who hasn't.

Ah, the South Fla tobacco world herfs :ss. The most in a tiny amount of time was 6 or 7, and that became sort of my herf "average."

Sounds like you had a fantastic time...and some GREAT smokes!!

I have experienced a mild itchy throat after a lot of cigars (at the MMHI I think I had 8 the first day and 11 the next :hn) but never the mucus. I would not be surprised if you are coming down with a little something. Take two petite coronas and call me in the morning :ss (or lay off the smokes for a few days and get some rest)

I enjoyed a herf at a friend's house on Saturday night. He cooked up some shrimp on the grill as well as burgers and hot dogs. He also provided the Hop Devil and Double Bock. In the 3 hours I was there I had some shrimp, a couple burgers, and two beers. But I think I overdid it when it came to cigars. I started with a Tatuaje Red Label East coast, moved to a Pepin blue label robusto, and finished with an Oliva series G toro. I was feeling the nicotine, but not too badly. I made sure to eat in between each one. The next day, and today, however, my throat is quite sore and there is a ton of thick mucus (sorry) in there. There is another herf on Tuesday but I may have to give it a pass.

Anyone else experience this?

I guess I should add that I have had three or four cigars in the same day, but not in that short of a time span.

I smoked about five cigars at a herf this past weekend and my throat felt fine the next day. My head felt a little funny, but I drank a few beers and fired up a cigar and I was feelin fine.:tu

Well, I think it is a cold. Staying up late smoking probably didn't help but I don't think it was the root cause. I'll take a couple days off (smoking, not work). It's going to be cold and rainy for a while anyway.

Sounds like you had a fantastic time...and some GREAT smokes!!

Yes, the smokes were excellent, every one of them. It was interesting for me to note how the particular flavor of each cigar stood out in contrast to the one before. I did eat a little in between each one, though.

Got the same thing going, got up on Sunday and felt like crap, after a Padron 7000, RP Sungrown, my B-Day Opus (which was great) and 2 Sailor Jerrys and Coke. Now I have a full on Chest Cold that moved down from my head :hn

I have also considered that possibility. It's just that I had no symptoms and felt fine prior to smoking. Maybe the virus was there already and the little bit of irritation gave it a chance to thrive or something.

Being fine prior to being sick means nothing. I went to a friends house a few months back and I had been feeling fine all day, but when I got home, my throat felt weird and part of my nose was stuffy. I thought maybe I was allergic to something in his house, or the brand of cheap cigarettes he and his friends smoke, but I ended up being sick for like 3-4 days afterwards and I didn't smoke any cigars, so it's possible its just something that came on all of a sudden.

Back