Gurka Legend Aniversario

bbaug14

Evolving Lead Gorilla
Gurka Legend Aniversario
Size: 6.0 X 60; Perfecto
Construction: Great! Tight and springy; consistent from foot to cap; smooth

WHERE: Smoked on my deck with a good friend (BOTL) after having a nice dinner of homemade lasagna from scratch and garlic bread.

DRINK: Pilsner Urquell

Pre-Light Aroma: Smells pretty good. Not much spice at all.

Pre-Light Draw/Taste: Very firm. No pepper taste at all. Slightly difficult draw. Good earthy taste overall.

LIGHT: Triple distilled butane from Z-plus Zippo insert

First impressions: Slightly nutty and rich, great woody/earthly tones.

First 1/3: Slightly more nutty with a lot of earthy goodness. This smoke is very medium. The draw is a bit hard unfortunately and the burn is very uneven. Already have had to touch up.

Second 1/3: Flavor is very consistent but a lot fuller. Slight hints of
carmel creeping in. Could just be my imagination though. This is a premium smoke! Leather makes a slight entrance as well! Have only ashed once. Very slight buzz.

Final 1/3: Remaining very constant in strength, although taste is leaning more towards a leathery taste with a lot of earthly undertones and a hint of something I can’t place. Draw still a bit difficult. Had to touch up again as burn is still a bit uneven.

Final Comments: This cigar was a great smoke. Taste overall was outstanding. Downsides being draw and uneven burn (I have had this problem with most Gurka’s in the perfecto size) will not detour me for having another of these bad boys. I place this above the Class Regent and the Royal Brigade.

Burn Time: 1 Hr 46 Minutes

great review, I'm a Gurhka fan myself

I'm curious what you thought of the Royal Brigade (the Nepalese Warrior is my favorite)

The Royal Brigade was pretty good as well. Lots of pepper in the one I smoked. Not so much so that it was harsh, but very pleasant as I like a little pepper taste now and then. It was a perfecto as well and had burn issues which was annoying. However, I'm not one to let an uneven burn ruin the cigar experience and I'm willing to over look it. The draw on the Royal Brigade was much better than the Legend and there was a lot more smoke. Overall a great smoke in it's own right. I have a few more in the humi that I'm letting sit. I want to see if it calms down the pepper I got in the first one as I've heard others who have smoked them say they didn't get any pepper taste at all.

I really enjoy the Gurka line as they have a lot to offer in variety. I haven't tried very many yet, but I'm looking forward to trying many more.

I like the Gurkha Ledgend, not a lot of spice.. but plenty of flavor.

Prefer the torpedoes over the Perfecto, they seem to burn and draw better.

Thanks for the review. I'll have to give gurka another chance. The one I had, I didn't like.

Nice review!

This is the only Gurka I can say I've really liked. I haven't smoked The Boar, or what ever the huge cigars are, but the cigars I have smoked haven't caught my attention. The Legend Aniv is one I've enjoyed, though. And with the prices you can usually get them off of Cbid makes them much better. I have one which has been sitting for a long while and is primed for the picking.

GREAT REVIEW!!! The Anniversario Perfecto is among the FEW Gurkhas that I consider a "special occasion" smoke! And only after giving them at least a few months to settle down in the coolerdor!

I keep my 'dors at 70%, and find that dry-boxing this cigar for a couple of days improves both the burn and flavor. Perfectos can be a problematic profile. But given time to age and time to dry-box, I've found them my favorites!

Again... Great review!

Great review, I really like the form you used. I've only had one Gurka that was part of my first sampler pack from CI. I may have to try more down the slope.

Nice review. I was recently smoked one that RX2010 sent me in a pass and your review was dead on. I liked the flavor so much that i went to CB and bought a couple of five packs. Thanks RX2010.

I have I think 3 of these left in the humi, bombed a couple out. I've yet to try one. But being the Gurkha whore that I am, I'm looking foward to them. Thanks for a good review.... A little RG 4 U.

Back