Gurkha Beast

Woogie

Lowland Gorilla
I smoked the Beast last night and it was a great smoke. We had some friends in town so we cooked a couple of pork loins, sausage, and some ribs. Of course we had plenty of scotch, beer, and vodka tonics, along with wine for the ladies.

Anyway, my buddy had bought a Gurkha Beast, and then regretted it since he usually does not spend that much on a single stogie. So I thought I would trade three smaller smokes, so he wouldn't feel as bad--plus the Beast looked interesting.

Anyway, the Beast was great! It is huge--6.5x58--so I smoked on it for a long time while I was cooking for everyone. I am a fan of the Gurkha's and the Beast was no exception. It's flavor was very consistant throughout and it had a nice ceder taste. I don't know how many of these I will smoke, since they are $25 dollars a pop at the local B&M, but I enjoyed this stogie, and I might buy one for a similiar occasion so I can enjoy a long smoke while cooking and talking with friends. If I was going to buy another cigar in that price range for the overall taste, I might purchase a Partagas 160 or a Padron 26, but the Beast is a good solid smoke that lasts forever and is great for socializing.

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend,

Woogie :ss

Nice review. I used to love this cigar. But in recent months I have drifted from Gurkha. They feel similar to fuente to me, in that their appeal is in marketing. Gurkha is also pretty inconsistent with their quality. Anywho, awesome review, and I'm glad you enjoyed it :tu

Thanks for the review. I was wondering about these. Don't think I'll be dropping $25 for a single anytime soon though. I'm still wondering about the Beauty too.

I've got one in my humi near the front door in case somebody tries to break in. Nobody could withstand a beating from the beast. That thing is huge! :ss

I have not tired these as for the price you had said. But I might go and pick on up just to see. Thanks for the great review now you got me thinking

I pikced up a fiver of these about 10 months ago for $21. I smoked one, it burned terribly, even after it acclimated for a few weeks in my humidor. It practically fell apart when I smoked it. (Canoed, and unraveled badly).

The second one I smoked burned much better, even though I was outside at the races, in the wind. Not perfect mind you, but better than I expected. The last three have been resting comfortably since then.

The Beasts arent' a bad smoke, but they're not a great smoke either. They are certainly not worth the $20-$25 retail price most B&Ms charge. :confused: But for $4 or $5, they are an excellent value, and worth picking up.:tu

I can't wait to see what they taste like with some age on them.

Nice review,

The price and monstrous size of that thing would be prohibitive for me. Definitely sounds appropriately named though.

Nice review,

The price and monstrous size of that thing would be prohibitive for me. Definitely sounds appropriately named though.

Try CigarBid.com if you want any type of Gurkha. They have greeat deals on them everyday.;)

Good review! The BEAST is one of my all time favorties....a smoke that goes on and on and on. Love it!

Good review! The BEAST is one of my all time favorties....a smoke that goes on and on and on. Love it!

Perfect size for a day of grilling, especially when cooking something that takes a while, such as ribs.

Last edited:
Back