Gurkha Centurion Double-X Perfecto ??

billybarue

Luvin' me some Lagavulin
Go it in a sampler from CBID.

I was looking for inputs, and post a review later.

One problem is I notice CBID mixes and matches their samplers all the time. This sampler of 12 I received has 4 different sticks than were supposed to be in it. They tend to err slightly to their favor from what I've seen - but not outrageously so. It is still pretty annoying. I don't think over 5 months any of the samplers came as advertised (5 or 6 samplers in total) So I am not sure if the cigar I got is the Centurion Double X perfecto or The Gurkha Masters Select Perfecto.

They both look the same from their pictures and I don't see a difference in their labels. Any help solving the mystery would be appreciated. I like to know what the heck I'm smoking - call me crazy.

Cheers,

BillyBarue

Go it in a sampler from CBID.

I was looking for inputs, and post a review later.

One problem is I notice CBID mixes and matches their samplers all the time. This sampler of 12 I received has 4 different sticks than were supposed to be in it. They tend to err slightly to their favor from what I've seen - but not outrageously so. It is still pretty annoying. I don't think over 5 months any of the samplers came as advertised (5 or 6 samplers in total) So I am not sure if the cigar I got is the Centurion Double X perfecto or The Gurkha Masters Select Perfecto.

They both look the same from their pictures and I don't see a difference in their labels. Any help solving the mystery would be appreciated. I like to know what the heck I'm smoking - call me crazy.

Cheers,

BillyBarue

I have noticed in samplers that they will at times substitute one type for another depending on what they have in stock.
With the Gurkha centurion and Master Select, the difference is in the wrapper, one is a habano wrapper and the other I believe is a Conn shade type wrapper (I could be wrong about the latter). The diffrence is in the wrapper though, and unless you are very familiar with the different wrapper types it is very difficult to tell the two apart.

Thats a problem with the Gurhka's alot of them share the same band, and are similar if not impossible to tell whats what... Shoot CBID customer service an e-mail, there usualy pretty good.. I'm like you I like to know what I'm smoking.

Worst case just smoke them, I dont think you'll be disapointed in either one. A thing I've notice is the Gurkha perferidos seem to burn much better with a little age just my experience, maybe it's the lager ring gauge??

I always mark the celo with a "XX' for the Dble Centurions.

Dgar

Thats a problem with the Gurhka's alot of them share the same band, and are similar if not impossible to tell whats what... Shoot CBID customer service an e-mail, there usualy pretty good.. I'm like you I like to know what I'm smoking.

Worst case just smoke them, I dont think you'll be disapointed in either one. A thing I've notice is the Gurkha perferidos seem to burn much better with a little age just my experience, maybe it's the lager ring gauge??

I always mark the celo with a "XX' for the Dble Centurions.

Dgar

Btw, the Centurion XX is an excellent cigar. You can do a search and fins some very good reviews about them.

I have noticed in samplers that they will at times substitute one type for another depending on what they have in stock.
With the Gurkha centurion and Master Select, the difference is in the wrapper, one is a habano wrapper and the other I believe is a Conn shade type wrapper (I could be wrong about the latter). The diffrence is in the wrapper though, and unless you are very familiar with the different wrapper types it is very difficult to tell the two apart.

It is the reverse; the Masters select has the Habano 2000 wrapper and the Centurian XX has the Connecticut wrapper; 8 year old tobaccos and ligero tobacco in the blend :dr If you couldn't tell by the wrapper, you would eventually tell by the smoke due to the ligero.

I have both of these in my humidor, I just took a look and the bands are exactly the same, as noted in previous posts, the Centurian wrapper is a little darker to the eye but not much different. The Master Select perfecto #1 is also 6x60, sorry I couldn’t help – contact CI as someone suggested above. The Centurian is a much more expensive cigar – if that helps any – usually the substations are equal or greater value of what you ordered. Either way you have a great smoke there, I like them both quite a bit. Enjoy

Back