Gurkha Legend Aniversario

Sigarz

Gorilla
I received this through the PIF from Msad1217,

setting was outside in a large open field watching the wonderful orange sunset with a very little wind and roughly 35 degrees .

with this being a 17 dollar MSRP cigar I went into it expecting a lot. pre-light draw was very smooth and slightly tangy. very nice draw i noticed.

I lit her up and it was very different from the cigars I've had in the past. granted it was my first Gurkha, but there was something interesting and different about this. I though it was like a bitter mocha taste. The bitter was in a good way though it was kind of peppery and the tang from the pre-light smoothed out and became a great added complexity that was very enjoyable.

I really enjoyed this smoke it lasted about 1hr and the burn was sometimes off at times but the draw was perfect and considering the extreme perfecto shape I was impressed with its fairly consistent construction.

I recently bought a 5 pack from the devil site for 20 bucks and i think I will try letting them sit for at least 4 or 5 months before I try another. see how that improves them.

One of my favorites in the Gurkha line. Definitely has a nice distinctive taste. I seem to recall some hints of black cherry, which I was looking for after reading about it in a review. Overall, a very pleasant smoke. I'm definitely going to reach in for another soon.

Nice review!

Black Cherry ...hmmm, Ill keep that in mind next time I smoke one.

One thing I did notice is that it tasted very similar to some of the dunhill pipe tobaccos ive had, Im not sure why that is.

I am a huge Gurkha fan but the first legend I had left me scratching my head. Let the rest of the pak rest for a while and, wow... this is why I am a Gurkha fan. Still give the class regents a slight edge but some of that is likely sentimental as they were the first cigars I really fell head over heels for.

"I recently bought a 5 pack from the devil site for 20 bucks and i think I will try letting them sit for at least 4 or 5 months before I try another. see how that improves them"

try them after 6mos. to a year...whole different smoke naptime REALLY smoothes them out. My 2 cents.

Back