Gurkha Legends Aniversario

Sanitariumite

Evolving Lead Gorilla
Size - 6" x 60 Perfecto
Wrapper - Connecticut Broadleaf. Very dark, mildly veiny, but nothing serious enough to negatively impact the burn.
Burn/Draw - Had some difficulties with the burn, but this was my first perfecto, so I was expecting a touch up or two. The draw was tight at first(perfecto) but I ended up clipping another 1/8 - 1/4 inch and it opened up beautifully.
Taste - This was a very rich flavored cigar. It wasn't strong, or peppery, but there was so much flavor to play with. Coffee/Cocoa, and earthiness were the most prominent flavors, but there was some leather, some nuttiness, and one or two more I couldn't put my finger on. I found that the cigar's flavor didn't change much as it burned, but there was so much to try and decipher that I didn't mind at all. Again, it was a very rich cigar, and it was quite smooth.
Notes - I had a glass of 12-year Glenlivet, which wasn't bad but I found to be too peppery for this stick. Maybe a whiskey, or something a bit sweet would have been better? I have 3 more of these, so we'll see what whiskey can do with it. Or maybe I'll pick up some bourbon to try out. Overall this was a nice mellow stick without being boring. I gave it 8.5 out of 10, and would/will gladly try and pick up a few more. Hope this is helpful!
Adam

Back