Gurkha Pre-embargo Cigars

Jbailey

Senior Doughnut
Has anybody see these or even tried these? I was on my way home a week or so ago and found some at a store. I was just curious if anyone has some info on these sticks. Like if it's really pre-embargo tabacco.

Prolly depends what you mean by Pre-Embargo.....Their not Cuban I'll tell you that... :)

try a search - you'll find various threads about them...

fwiw, I've never heard of a non-cuban brand cigar made with pre-embargo tobacco being worth smoking.

Snif, sniff, sniff...............I smell a Pinar.

my thoughts too. there all garbage honestly. its easyier to find legit cubans then a pre-embargo smoke that was kept in a proper enviroment for all 45+ years :)

for Cuban-esque, Gurkha makes my favorite smoke that is very salty and cuban-esque (yet not at all..) try a 5'er of the Grand Envoy. its a very light maduro, dripping in oils and flavor. i think it comes in a 5x54 or 56 size

:2

I have a few of the Gurkha Pre-embargos, they were gifted to me. The foot is unusual it has a shag foot.... I havent smoked one yet, when I want to treat my self to a cuban cigar I reach for a current release Cuban cigar.

Back