Gurkha Regent Torpedo

F. Prefect

Evolving Lead Gorilla
I thought was gettin' a heck of buy when I purchased a mazo of 10 of these smokes at an auction, but what I didn't realize at the time was that I should have bought more.

These cigars are well construction, have a near perfect burn, and are actually just fun to look at. Seriously, this is only the fourth "style" of Gurhkas I have purchased to date, and are hands down my favorite. The dominate flavor is chocolate, but there are an abundance of flavors I noticed in the finish that seemed to change as I got closer to the nub.

A little pricey at the full retail price, but make no mistake, they are a well made tasty cigar that I would recommend to anyone, and I'm still kickin' myself for not buying more at the auction price. Size- 6 1/2X54, approx. smoking time was a little over an hour.:tu

F. Prefect

I've read most of the CI "reviews" on the various Gurkhas and this one has always appealed to me. I'd far sooner trust the review of a fellow member of CS though. Thanks, I'll have to try some of these when I recover from my holiday spending.
:tu

One of my fav smokes hands down. I get the robustos, I love the size and you can get em 2-3 bucks a pop off cbid.

I also have only had the torp and it is one of my favorite mild-ish cigars for a pre-breakfast smoke. I started with 30 a year ago and they don't change with some time as muchg as they settle. Construction and burn are not perfect but there's never been a problem, and they are very consistent from stick to stick.

I'll be getting more for sure

I love these. Also try the Nepalese Warrior version of the Regent for a slightly different flavor on the same "theme".

I've read most of the CI "reviews" on the various Gurkhas and this one has always appealed to me. I'd far sooner trust the review of a fellow member of CS though. Thanks, I'll have to try some of these when I recover from my holiday spending.
:tu

I hope you like 'em, but try to wait for CI to put out a 100+ lot on their special auctions. I think I paid 2.7999 for these. And like you, I almost never as much as put in a bid or buy a single from an online source without first checking CS, or for a more comprehensive collection of reviews I go to http://www.top25cigar.com/reviewdatabase. I try to write a small review on any new smoke I try, but will be the first to admit I couldn't tell woodsy from earthy if you held a gun to me.:tpd: If you haven't seen it,
http://www.top25cigar.com has a very good numerical rating system that I find particularly helpful.:tu:ss

F. Prefect

I thought was gettin' a heck of buy when I purchased a mazo of 10 of these smokes at an auction, but what I didn't realize at the time was that I should have bought more.

These cigars are well construction, have a near perfect burn, and are actually just fun to look at. Seriously, this is only the fourth "style" of Gurhkas I have purchased to date, and are hands down my favorite. The dominate flavor is chocolate, but there are an abundance of flavors I noticed in the finish that seemed to change as I got closer to the nub.

A little pricey at the full retail price, but make no mistake, they are a well made tasty cigar that I would recommend to anyone, and I'm still kickin' myself for not buying more at the auction price. Size- 6 1/2X54, approx. smoking time was a little over an hour.:tu

F. Prefect
Dude... here is a link, they close tonight, 25$ for 10 of them...
http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=524235

send me one... :D

I love me some Regents! A great stick that you can sometimes find at a great price!

I too am hooked on these. I don't think you can beat the prices on Cigar bid. I keep gettin hooked with the $13.00 for 5. I now have 5 different types... I am thinking about burning one right now... but may have trouble sleeping. Stogies get my heart going... maybe because I inhale a little toooooo much.. :tpd:

Gurkha's get a bad rap around here, but the one's I've had have been nice. If only I didn't have to strap the things under the Space Shuttle in re-entry to get them to light up.

Try one of the same vitola with about a year's rest. I was gifted a couple, smoked one last Sunday while shooting pool. One of the best Gurkhas I have every had. I have smoked a gang of the toros and they are one of my top five, but I think the Torpedo just took it's place.:tu

Try one of the same vitola with about a year's rest. I was gifted a couple, smoked one last Sunday while shooting pool. One of the best Gurkhas I have every had. I have smoked a gang of the toros and they are one of my top five, but I think the Torpedo just took it's place.:tu

Thanks. I hope to hang on to 2 or 3 for six months at the very least. I've got about 6 months on a half dozen 6X50 Symphony Robustos,(the older ones with the silver band) but I would have to say I prefered the Regent Torpedoes when I smoked either of them shortly after they were purchased. Don't get me wrong, the Sympony Signatures are very good cigars, but I'll be buying the Regents until I see what some age does for the Robustos.:tu

F. Prefect

I know Gurkha gets horrible reviews here (mainly because of their attitude and price), but I have now had about 20 different ones, and they are all fabulous. This is one of my favs.

I'm down to my last two Regent Toros and agree that they're great cigars. I smoked my first one while camping last summer and since then they've been my walking the woods, outdoors cigar. I need to get some more so maybe I'll give the torp a shot.

Back