Gurkja regent robusto

Don Fernando

Lowland Gorilla
[FONT=&quot]The Gurkha regent robusto is a 112 mm long ring 50 cigar made out of dominican ligero filler with Indonesian binder and a Habana 2000 wrapper. It look quite allright with its dark wrapper but unfortunately there are folds and veins in the wrapper. The construction isn’t very well, the cigar is not consistent and contains soft spots especially at the foot of the cigar. The predraw is light, too easy and the aroma is chocolate.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The flavor is quite bitter, chemical with hints of cedar and ash. There is not much going, it’s a one dimensional cigar. The smoke and burn are good.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Would I buy this cigar again? No[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Construction: 10 / 20
Draw: 12 / 20
Appearance: 12 / 20
Smoke && ash: 8 / 10
Burn: 14 / 20
Aroma (foot) 6 / 10
Aroma (body) 5 / 10
Aroma (head) 5 / 10 [/FONT]

edit: crap, typo in the topic title

gOOD REVIEW OF THE SMOKE.
i HAVE SOME HERE AND WILL PUT IT IN MY SMOKING ORDER AND SMOKE IT WITHIN A FEW DAYS.
i HOPE i DISAGREE WITH YOU :)
tHANKS
tOM

FrIggin Caplocks!!!!

I got three for free fromGurkha one of which as the Regent, with that said, I can take them or leave them. Not to say I would not try again under the right circumstances.

Thats the great thing in my mind about a review on this site. It was your take on the cigar. Others may feel differently if they smoked it but it's your review not theirs. Thanks for the review Don. :tu

Thanks for the honest review. I like some Gurkha's and hate others - the regent line is one that I try to stay away from as well - have (4) Class regent toro's sitting aside in a smaller humi and will "attempt" to burn them in the cooler days of fall.

Back