Habana Leon Churchill

Coffee Grounds

Evolving Lead Gorilla
Size: 7 x 48
Shape: Churchill
Wrapper: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua

I picked up a 5 pack of these to try out the powerhouse. It delived like a Cuban cigar.
The construction was fair. It streaked a bit and the draw was super tight. I could feel the cigar where they rolled too much tobacco at points dam near plugging it up. Very much like Cuban cigars I have smoked. The ash was very tight.

This is a very different Nicaragua puro. The majority of the filler is ligero and the wrapper is corojo. Straight forward taste all the way. This cigar is very much like your bold mid level cuban cigars. Its delivery was very much R&J Cazadore like with one dimensional flavor. The base flavor is Black pepper. Just huge amounts of Pepper. The pepper would even lay on the back of your taste buds after releasing the smoke. There was some slight undertones of oats and some burnt toast.

I liked the taste of this cigar.

I rate this cigar 7.8 out of 10 for right now.
If the other 4 have better construction this could easily score in the high 8's for me.

Nice review. This is one of my favorite NC's. I hope the others have a better draw for you.

I smoked the 'A" size of this cigar and it was an extremely nice experience. There was plenty of complexity with several flavor changes throughout. The size probably had something to do with this as it is over 9 inches long. Truly memorable.

:ss:ss:ss

Nice review. :tu

That churchill is a long smoker and as you said 'loaded with spice/pepper'...one of my favorites in the Pepin line-up. I usually smoke the torpedo and robusto sizes.

Back