Habanos Puros Selección Suprema

txmatt

Still Smitty's biotch!
Superior Cigars USA launched another boxed cigar.. I love it when bargain brand cigars fight their way into the ranks of the pricey premiums. The Habanos Puros Fuerte cigars were an excellent freshman boxed cigar effort.

Unfortunately like many sophmoric efforts of musical groups - the Habanos Puros Selección Suprema is a flop. The wrapper looks amazing, but must be treated with flame retardant. Flavor was not bad, but never good enough to justify the $6 pricetag on the rothschild I smoked this morning. The cigar both tunneled and canoed, even with 3 touchups.. Some of this can be blamed on the youth of the cigar; but not enough.. To introduce something new to the cigar market Habanos Puros has to make something better and less expensive than what the likes of Altadis, General, and the other big guys have. The Habanos Puros Selección Suprema is more expensive than the typical macro-premium cigar and just doesn't perform up to its price.

-Matt-

Thanks for the review. I have a Ltd Reserve and a Cameroon waiting in the humi. Might bust one of these out this weekend.

Thanks for the review. I have a Ltd Reserve and a Cameroon waiting in the humi. Might bust one of these out this weekend.

The Limited reserve is a good stick, a step up from the regular Habanos Puros in that it is long filler.. I haven't had a Cameroon wrapped HP yet.. Give us a review.

-Matt-

The Limited reserve is a good stick, a step up from the regular Habanos Puros in that it is long filler.. I haven't had a Cameroon wrapped HP yet.. Give us a review.

-Matt-

The Cameroons are very tasty.No a lot of "depth" but plenty of that great cameroon flavor.

Thats a shame Matt, I hate it when I see a great looking cigar and it turns out to be a waste. It wouldn't be so bad if it was a 2 buck cigar, but at 6 bucks...there are many other great tasting and well constructed cigars out there.

On a side note, I ordered the Brahmas from Holts and will post a review as soon as they show. At less than 2 bucks a pop they look great!

Thats a shame Matt, I hate it when I see a great looking cigar and it turns out to be a waste. It wouldn't be so bad if it was a 2 buck cigar, but at 6 bucks...there are many other great tasting and well constructed cigars out there.

On a side note, I ordered the Brahmas from Holts and will post a review as soon as they show. At less than 2 bucks a pop they look great!

I too took Matt's advise on the Brahmas. They look great and taste pretty darn good!:D

Back