Habanos Torres Custom Salomones (30 year old tobacco)

hova45

Clubstogies Aristocrat
Habanos Torres Salomones 30 year

So a few months ago my good buddy mithstrike filled out a wish for an habanos Torres 30 year old cigar. He ended up sending me that, a opus x robusto and an Pepin white label maduro. Well after smoking that cigar I was highly impressed and I am not easily impressed as all I smoke these days are regional’s and El’s. That was one creamy and delicious smoke very smooth and packed with crazy flavors.

So what did I do I went on and called the shop and had him roll me some custom 30 year old salomones and mithstrike sent them to me after they were done. What can I say about this cigar? For one thing it is beautiful oily and has a perfect balance. Pre-light draw was of some aged rum raisins.

Then the cigar itself was quite awesome and full flavored but super smooth, I have never smoked any cigar as smooth as this and I have smoked many vintage cigars as of late. The flavor profile was of café con leche, leather, cocoa and the nuttiness of a hazelnut and sometimes I even tasted dates.

Overall this was a great smoke and I will buying a bundle in the future as these are quite pricey not a cheap cigar but well worth the money. I will be making these my weekly smokes.

Below you will see some pics of it and the other cigars I smoked that day.
2/2/08

2253373945_a4dbd0fb53_b.jpg

HT and Me

2254171624_a2cfe57a62_b.jpg

HT first Light
2254171550_91918fe933_b.jpg

Padron 80th Anni
2254171472_000c92d277_b.jpg

SCDLH Murralla

Last edited:
Great review of one of the finest smokes out there! :tu:tu
But I am confused by the final two pics??? Never seen an HT with a band and the last pic is a different smoke??:confused:

But I am confused by the final two pics??? Never seen an HT with a band and the last pic is a different smoke??:confused:

If you read the bottom of the last sentence it states that it was the other smokes that I had that day.

HTs have bands sometimes. Normally if you buy those pre-rolled. Anyway, if you notice the end of his post he's talking about the other cigars he smoked that day.

But what were they? Looks like an Anni? How did they compare? Looks like it was a great day of smoking!:ss

Well those are my regular smokes they were good but the HT surpassed them. My philosophy is simple smoke a great cigar all the time and you will never be disappointed.

Padron 80th
SCDLH Murralla

Well those are my regular smokes they were good but the HT surpassed them.

Padron 80th
SCDLH Murralla

WOW, some great everyday smokes. I cant wait to smoke the 30yr corona mithstrike hooked up for me. But I am afraid I will love it too much!:dr

WOW, some great everyday smokes. I cant wait to smoke the 30yr corona mithstrike hooked up for me. But I am afraid I will love it too much!:dr

All along I thought I would never smoke a NC besides the Padron Anni and the Tats and here comes these HT's. Like I said they are all I want to smoke now.:D

2 or 3 of the best 10 cigars I've ever had are from Habanos Torres. Tim knows what he's doing. Someday I'll get a cab of 15 year lanceros!

Back