Had a La Gloria Cubana Series R

Troop_lee

SilverBack
So I tried to smoke the La Gloria Cubana Series R last night. It was a nice rich maduro color wrapper, smelled great. So I was looking forward to this cigar. It cut with my "V" very nice, and the pre light draw was, Ok had a nice taste. It light up nice, but the burn was uneven from the beginning. It was good taste, not a lot of smoke and a very very Difficult draw. So I turned it 90 degrees and cut a cross "V" thinking that it would improve the draw. It, much to my disappointment it did not. I tried to smoke it anyway, the burn didn't correct itself like some other cigars I have had and the draw seemed to only get worse. I had to sit down after about an inch, it was too difficult to smoke. I can't believe it was such a disappointment, it was tasty and strong, i got a pretty good nic buzz off of just the 1" I was able to smoke.

Has anyone else had this problem with these cigars??

the only one I have tried actually had a somewhat loose draw. Almost perfect. I have only had one, so may have to try.

These are in my top 5, and I've never had any draw problems. Maybe I've just been lucky :confused:

Regardless, I think these blow away their regular line. I had a Wavell the other night and was disappointed because it couldn't come close the the R.

:2

these smokes are awesome at any price point, but for the money are tough to beat. I have had great draws on all the ones from my box and find them to deliver huge bombs of thick white smoke.

I keep my stuff at 62-65% rh and find that everything smokes/tastes better. Try another one.

Sounds alot like a humidity problem.

What's your RH like?

coolidor, 65% beads and they have been holding very good. I keep my cigars in boxes in the cooler, I smoked one from the same box as this one the night before and it was great (it was a Fuente though, not a La Gloria). Maybe I just got a bad one.

it's generally not recommended to do a review after only smoking one because there are so many variables at work, and it's really not fair to the cigar. i would try a couple more and re-evaluate :ss

I aged a box of Serie R No. 4 for two years and cracked it open at Brewer's herf earlier this summer. Wow...was it ever so chocolatey and smoked quite smooth.

it's generally not recommended to do a review after only smoking one because there are so many variables at work, and it's really not fair to the cigar. i would try a couple more and re-evaluate :ss

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I thought that it would be a good smoke, and I'll try another one. I just wanted to see if anyone else has had that problem.

These are in my top 5. Never had a draw problem. I have had burn problems from time to time. Age a few and give them another shot. :tu

Back