Have OUST® Fans been discontinued?

chippewastud79

Wow, Bengals Suck!
First a little background to this:
I have noticed a few gorillas asking about where to find Oust® fans in some threads even more often than usual. I have two but I have noticed that they are becoming harder to find. I have noted that some other gorillas have been mentioning that they are not always finding them at their local places.
Yesterday when I went to the grocery store to pick up another, I noticed there was only one left. After I picked it up I saw there was a "clearance" sticker on the bottom. I thought 'Nice, half-price', then I realized a problem: Where are all these fans going?

So today, I did a little research. After looking at the Oust® website today I could not find anything about the fans anywhere. They do now offer something called the Oust® Small Space Odor Eliminator, which can use the Oust® fan refills, but no fans. No mention of a change of model, just the new smaller, nonbatery operated, small room deodorizer is listed on their website. The old link to the fans does not work: Linky

:hn :mad: :tg :sb :c :sl

I seriously hope this is not the case but:
Is it possible they have discontinued Oust® Fans? And if so, what are gorillas other viable/affordable options for cooler-dors, Vinotemps and cabinets?

Last edited:
Is it possible they have discontinued Oust® Fans? And if so, what are gorillas other viable/affordable options for cooler-dors, Vinotemps and cabinets?

Last week, I went into my local Walgreens to get some more fans, under the impression that they were going away. The previous week, they had been on sale for less than $3. There is a "new" model, according to the store manager, and only the old model was being discounted. The new model was $7.95. I have no idea as to what the different is, if any, or even if the story is correct.

Last week, I went into my local Walgreens to get some more fans, under the impression that they were going away. The previous week, they had been on sale for less than $3. There is a "new" model, according to the store manager, and only the old model was being discounted. The new model was $7.95. I have no idea as to what the different is, if any, or even if the story is correct.

Were they the no battery needed ones? The website says they will only last around 60 days.

I grab an Oust fan every time I see one. I am fairly certain they are going away. Every time I see them they are on sale, that is what leads me to believe they are discontinued.

Since I have a bunch of the refills I grabbed the new one so I could take advantage of them. The new one does NOT have a fan. All you do is insert the scent element and it radiates out I guess. It is in the kitchen now and every once in a while I get a whiff of it.

I suggest grabbing them up when you see them, even if you don't need one you can always hook up a fellow BOTL. :2

I just bought four on ebay a couple days ago.
Yes, they're being discontinued. I have to go to Big Lots and see if they have any more.

First a little background to this:
I have noticed a few gorillas asking about where to find Oust® fans in some threads even more often than usual. I have two but I have noticed that they are becoming harder to find. I have noted that some other gorillas have been mentioning that they are not always finding them at their local places.
Yesterday when I went to the grocery store to pick up another, I noticed there was only one left. After I picked it up I saw there was a "clearance" sticker on the bottom. I thought 'Nice, half-price', then I realized a problem: Where are all these fans going?

So today, I did a little research. After looking at the Oust® website today I could not find anything about the fans anywhere. They do now offer something called the Oust® Small Space Odor Eliminator, which can use the Oust® fan refills, but no fans. No mention of a change of model, just the new smaller, nonbatery operated, small room deodorizer is listed on their website. The old link to the fans does not work: Linky

:hn :mad: :tg :sb :c :sl

Hey, Adam! I found a site from another thread that sells a better fan that runs on 'D" batteries for $10. www.rvtoyoutlet.com Search for "RV5960 Valterra FridgeCool Fan".:tu

Hey, Adam! I found a site from another thread that sells a better fan that runs on 'D" batteries for $10. www.rvtoyoutlet.com Search for "RV5960 Valterra FridgeCool Fan".:tu
Not a bad find. Sounds like it could take up a lot of batteries. 2 D's last only 30 days, thats a lot of batteries, and it runs constantly. Might have to get one if the Oust fans have really disappeared. Thanks for the find.

I bought 5 on ebay for $35.00 with shipping. I thought I read somewhere they have been discontinued. Probably the best source until that supply is depleted....unless you can find them at dollar stores or overstock stores.

I saw several on the shelves at the CVS near Dulles town center in Dulles, VA today. I think they were 4.99 if anyone is near there and wants them. I'm actually from SC and was just passing through and didn't pick any up.

They were in the "Discontinued items" bin at the local Meijers store. Picked up five of them for five bucks a piece.

I found 8 at Big Lots here in town and gathered them all up.
I have to go to Clearfield tomorrow and I'll check their Big Lots. Maybe I can get some more. I'm sure guys are gonna need them.

I picked up two of the "new" model...the ones without the battery. I figured they would work for a little while and die so I figured I'd give em a shot but instead they just have open holes in them for the smell to come out, no fan. So long story short I'm still looking but my car smells good now.

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I just bought a cooler and need a fan, so I went to Wal-Mart and NOTHING!!! :confused::mad:

Back