Have you received an Opus X from me?

germantown rob

Chestbeating Pack Leader
It seems awhile ago I was given alot of smokes by a good friend and he had received a bunch of fakes opus xs from a source. It seems about 5 of these got into the smokes I got from him. I have sent out 8-10 opus over the last six months and 4 of these where definitely fakes. One of which I smoked and pretty much swore off non cubans after a horrific 1/2 hour of agony. I never suspected it was a fake but in hind site I really should have. If you have received any of thses from me, would have been in a NST trade, PM me so that I can make it up to you. Sorry folks, another learning experience for me though.

Yeah you sent me one, i spent a week in hospital after smoking it!!

how you gonna make up for that?? :D

Last edited:
Just so everyone is aware. I received a fake from Rob this weekend and he is making it right. Rob is an honest stand-up guy. Thanks for handling this.

Corona Gigante said:
Don't you love Club Stogie?

Can you imagine how this would have been handled at CigarDrama.com or SmokinTrolls.com?

Yes...
:r
I would be a long thread comprised of:

273 Posts castigating him for trying to take advantage of newbies. :BS

196 posts reviling him for not being able to spot fakes :BS

156 posts from people explaining how they would have spotted the fake in the first place :BS

10 posts from folks who understand that mistakes can be made, and that germantownrob is a nice guy who not only owns up to his errors but will fix them and make good on them.

This is why I like Club Stogie... people understand we are human and not perfect.

DriftyGypsy said:
Yes...
:r
I would be a long thread comprised of:

273 Posts castigating him for trying to take advantage of newbies. :BS

196 posts reviling him for not being able to spot fakes :BS

156 posts from people explaining how they would have spotted the fake in the first place :BS

10 posts from folks who understand that mistakes can be made, and that germantownrob is a nice guy who not only owns up to his errors but will fix them and make good on them.

28 posts telling those 10 to shut up, they don't belong there, and need to go somewhere else cause they are not worthy....

This is why I like Club Stogie... people understand we are human and not perfect.

You left one out, but I got your back....:r

Thank you all for your support, I have been sick to my stomach over this mistake.:pu I still deserve a good :sl for being so careless not to check my smokes out. I am sending out three packages tomorrow to those I have spoke with but I am afraid there is still one fake unaccounted for, I am going back through all my NST post to try and find out who may have received it. Thanks again to all of you that make up this great community!

mike32312 said:
Bumping your RG bud.
For making CS a great place. Your a standup BOTL.:w

:r Now I'm gonna deduct from your RG cause you can't spot fakes and taking advantage of noobies. :r :sl

Bump for ya.

I have had the same issue and know how frustrating it can be.
mine even came from a tinder box that was selling them.

Well I think I might have found where the 4th one went but they are a baaned user now and I don't seem to have their address anymore. I'll work on that and I feel better knowing that all have been acounted for.

germantown rob said:
Well I think I might have found where the 4th one went but they are a baaned user now and I don't seem to have their address anymore. I'll work on that and I feel better knowing that all have been acounted for.
I finally did find who got the 4th one so all can be made right!

Back