Heartfelt Beads

Do you have a digital or analog hygrometer? Is it calibrated? How many of your beads are clear and how many white?

its digital and it is calibrated and the beads r clear

that could be why.. clear beads are saturated beads.. usually a more translucent color is what you're looking for (not too wet, not too dry) also, give the beads some time to do their magic. if it's still high, take the beads out a bit and let them dry until you get the translucent color

hmmm...thats weird I know that you should keep some of the beads white (I forget the exact ratio, something like 70% clear 30% white) so that they can both release and absorb moisture as needed. But even if they are all clear, they should only release at 65% and not above that. Where are you located? Perhaps if the ambient humidity outside the humidor is higher, you would need more white beads to absorb the humidity rather than releasing it? Not sure, just grabbing at straws now.

If the beads are all clear, they cannot absorb any more humidity.
They need to be dried out

If the beads are all clear, they cannot absorb any more humidity.
They need to be dried out

+1. You should only wet about 70% of the beads. You need to have some be milky-white to allow them to absorb moisture. Clear beads add humidity. You need to dry out your beads and then re-wet 70% of them.

In high humidity areas I would go to 50/50 clear. More white beads will allow more moisture absorbtion. Just the opposite in low humidity areas. I will never have a problem out here in Cali with high humidity, my main problem is keeping things above 60-61 so I try to keep about 75-80pct clear. :2

Back