Heartfelt Hygrometer/Temp.

Sanitariumite

Evolving Lead Gorilla
I just got one of these with a tube of 65%ers. My question is if you guys leave the hygro turned on 24/7, or if you can get an accurate reading by turning it on, closing the humi, and checking back in a few seconds? Thanks,
Adam

I just got one of these with a tube of 65%ers. My question is if you guys leave the hygro turned on 24/7, or if you can get an accurate reading by turning it on, closing the humi, and checking back in a few seconds? Thanks,
Adam

It's my understanding it takes about 30 mins for a hygrometer to make an accurate reading. Why would you not want to keep it on 24/7? It's not a battery hog or anything. :tu

It's my understanding it takes about 30 mins for a hygrometer to make an accurate reading. Why would you not want to keep it on 24/7? It's not a battery hog or anything. :tu

That's exactly why I was wondering about it. Thanks for the tip.
Adam

i think the paper that came w/mine told what the "refresh rate" was-that's how frequently it takes a new reading, most are 10min or less-oh, i leave mine on all the time

I just leave mine on all the time. The battery it comes with should last a year or more at least. Plus with heartfelt, im sure if the battery died Dave would prolly mail you a new one. He is that nice of a guy.

I definitely leave mine on all the time. When I first turned on each of my hygrometers it took at least a half hour for the reading to stabilize. It would be a PITA to constantly have to wait for that.

I've got it on. I just wasn't sure how long the battery lasted, or if it was necessary to turn it off when I'm not using it. Thanks for the tips guys:ss!
Adam

The battery will last at least a year with it left on. Although it will give you a good reading after a few minutes I like to leave them on so the hygrometer stabilizes real well. And Big Frank is right, if the battery takes a dump in less than the year I will give you a new one.

The battery will last at least a year with it left on. Although it will give you a good reading after a few minutes I like to leave them on so the hygrometer stabilizes real well. And Big Frank is right, if the battery takes a dump in less than the year I will give you a new one.
I appreciate that. I've got a cooler in the planning stages right now, and I know where I'm going to be giving my business for the humidification/hygro. You've also got my recommendation from anybody who asks me what/who I use, and where to order. Thanks,
Adam

Back