Help Aristocrat owners

mash

Evolving Lead Gorilla
I just refilled my set and forget reservoir, and I noticed that the grid that holds the water looks like this. Almost like a ring around it. Anyone else experienced this? I e-mailed this to Bob but no reply (replies from him tend to be hit and miss). Thanks for any suggestions.

Picture009.jpg

Any chance it could be a tiny bit of wrapper that got in there and caused the discoloration?<O:p</O:p

Suggest you call Bob--much easier and quicker than email. Seeing as I've not had to fill my reservoirs yet, I can't comment on the ring...but it doesn't seem like it should cause a problem...

I just refilled my set and forget reservoir, and I noticed that the grid that holds the water looks like this. Almost like a ring around it. Anyone else experienced this? I e-mailed this to Bob but no reply (replies from him tend to be hit and miss). Thanks for any suggestions.

Picture009.jpg

It's probably mold, mine did this and I replaced it with Super Absorbant Polymers (http://www.watersorb.com/index.htm) and they lasted 2+ years before I replaced them. Another benifit is no water to spill if a canister is ever knocked over (I have 4 kids and this happened once, just once) Luckily the cigars were fine, just a small water stain on the bottom:tu and I still have 4 kids.

It's probably mold, mine did this and I replaced it with Super Absorbant Polymers (http://www.watersorb.com/index.htm) and they lasted 2+ years before I replaced them. Another benifit is no water to spill if a canister is ever knocked over (I have 4 kids and this happened once, just once) Luckily the cigars were fine, just a small water stain on the bottom:tu and I still have 4 kids.

Hi, thanks for the info. I can't open up the page with that link, can you give me an idea of what the specific product was that you used.

I changed the water on mine after about 2.5 months (it still had about 50&#37;) and noticed some brown spotting. Not sure it was like yours. I thought it had to do more with the water line because the water was not decreasing that much. I followed a tip from RPB67 and put a few pennies (copper) in the water reservoir to help prevent mold.

Last edited:
Back