Help me find this...

jamminison

Big Young Ape
I am looking for a box of Sancho Panza double maduro's in size fig corina.It is a torpedo 6.125 X 50 or 52. It is in Thompsons catalog # R39958 They want 99 bucks for a box and i can't find them anywhere else.I am sure if i could find them elsewhere they would be more like 50 a box. Thanks in advance guys.

jamminison said:
I am looking for a box of Sancho Panza double maduro's in size fig corina.It is a torpedo 6.125 X 50 or 52. It is in Thompsons catalog # R39958 They want 99 bucks for a box and i can't find them anywhere else.I am sure if i could find them elsewhere they would be more like 50 a box. Thanks in advance guys.
Try this site http://seriouscigars.com/ . I've ordered from them twice and have been happy with them. They have a real time internet inventory suposedly. The Sancho Panza D. Maduro Cervantes is 6.5 48 and about $60 a box.

galaga :w

Sancho Panza doesn't make a torpedo in the Double Maduro line. The dulcinea is a torpedo but it is a natural wrapper and sells for $59.95 at JR's.

If I'm wrong and you locate a DM torp, let me know I'd love to get some.

They do make'em it just seems Thompsons is the only place that has them and ofcourse the entire Double maduro lineup is twice the price of other online vendors. I listed earlier the number to find them on Thompsons site.

Yup. I've seen em at Thompson's & not anywhere else. I agree that they are waaaay to high on this brand (& just about any other brand!). I would keep looking if I were you, or just get another size somewhere else.

Nope i am on a mission...I have a Thompsons catalog with a pic of them and they look great. I called Thomps and they have them in stock but i refuse to pay what they want for them.The search continues.If i had a scanner i would scan a pic of them.

It looks like this is a special cigar made for Thompson. But you may want to email someone at General Cigar and verify. Good luck!

Please keep us updated on that search. Today I have the 48 ring double Maduro... I would love something a bit bigger.

Looks like your screwed bro... I searched at least 50 on line cigar sites and no one carries that cigar but Thompsons. Its either discontinued or like someone else said a special cigar for only them...

Jerry in Minnesota.

Just get their regular cigars. they are all good anyways, for that price you could probably buy two boxes of Cervantes.

Just went to check at JR: Sancho Panza Doble Maduro Cervantes 6.5x48=45.99 a box.

Just some food for thought.

I've never seen them in a torpedo anywhere, sorry I can't help you there.

I love the Cervantes size. If I were you I'd just get two boxes of them from JR for about the price of the torps on Thompson.

cwaddell_1 said:
It looks like this is a special cigar made for Thompson. But you may want to email someone at General Cigar and verify. Good luck!

This IS specially made for Thompson. Straight from the mouth of those @ General. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Hell, for a bit more than that price you can get 3 boxes of my size of choice; the Quixote from JR. What a great cigar for the $$.

If you really prefer maduro Torps though you might also want to try:
Maria Mancini Magic Mountain Maduro
Mayorga Gordita Maduro
Flor de Oliva Maduro Torpedo
Flor de Oliva Grand Maduro Torpedo

If spending $100 for a box of cigars isn't the issue but paying $100 for Sancho Panzas is (as it should be), you can also get Padron 6000 Maduro cigars for only $15 more (25 cigars instead of 20) from cheapercigars.com. Buymorecigars.com also carries the new 6000, but doesn't have the price up on the website yet. I would bet they will beat the cheapercigars by $5 though. As much as I love SP Double Maduros, I think Padrons are better. MHO: smoke the Double Maduros in another size instead of paying out the @ss to Thompson's, and get a better torpedo cigar if you are going to spend $100.

-Matt-

UPDATE .. Picked up a box of Padron 6000's Maduro for 92.00 off a auction should be on their way to me and at a great price i think.

Back