HELP-stuck in Muskogee without a stogie

SuperDave

Maturing Primate
sounds like a great title for a CW song! :cb But its true. I am working in Muskogee, OK this week, and I didn't bring any cigars with me. :hnCan a local Oakie help me find the nearest shop to Muskogee with a humidor? All the local tobacco shops only carry cigs and cheap cigars. Please don't make me resort to Swisher Sweets!:ss

I don't know of anything in Muskogee, drive to S Tulsa :hn

Looks like there's plenty of Indian Smoke Shops around there according to google maps!

Just had to stop and say hello, Tyler guy stuck in Muskogee... if I ever get stuck in Tyler, happens once a year or so, I know who to call :)

"...if I ever get stuck in Tyler" ... 10-4. If you get stranded in Tyler, you could send me a pm and I would help you out.

I remember reading some posts about Walgreens having their own line of cigars. So, I found a Walgreens and picked up a couple of Blenders Gold in glass tubos. These are 6.0" X 50, natural wrappers, honduran blend. Also picked up a Garcia y Vega 1882 English Corona. I'll try one tonite and try do get back to this thread with a brief review. If these work out, then Walgreens could be an emergency oasis in the desert :r Will try to get to Tulsa tomorrow evening for some emergency provisions to get me thru the week. Lesson learned: never assume there will be a source of cigars nearby when traveling; bring your own!

mmmmmmmmmmmm GyV

:D

good luck with that !

If you you don't post a review we'll know you didn't make it.

here's the deal with the test drive on a Blender's Gold. The one I tried came in a cedar casket with a glass lid. The stogie inside was wrapped in cello. The wrapper was predictably dried out, but the filler was OK. Got 55 minutes out of it. Taste was mild with no flavor. Would have been OK with strong coffee or a glass of tea. Better than no smoke at all. If a RP Connecticut were a 6 out of 10, this was a 5 out of 10. It is what it is, a drugstore cigar. Will do in a pinch, but would not buy any to keep in the humi. My :2

The Tobacco Pouch in Tulsa is your best bet. I can't remeber the street it sits on, Yale or Peoria i think, between 31st and 41st(Maybe). My memory is bad, I haven't been in there in years, but it is a great place if it is still owned by the same gentleman.

~S

Good luck. It's tough enough traveling and then not having cigars> When you bring them you have to cut them ahead of time etc.

2 more great places in Tulsa, Fogue & Bates, 71st between Sheriden and Memorial, closer to Sheriden, great selection, was just there this past weekend, another is 21st and Utica, Utica square Teds Pipe and Tobacco, picked up some Litto Gomez Small Batch 1, they only had a couple left, great selection there also.

Back