Help with my tower

txdyna65

Boli Puto
I need help with something. Ive asked a couple other BOTLs about this and they didnt know either so Im posting pics and asking others to help me.

1 pic is of my Tower, I know thats obvious :)
the second pic is with the door open and looking up inside the top, there is a large round hole........What is this for???

The only thing I can come up with is so you can put your hand inside there to get to the round hydrometer, but to me this doesnt make sense.....any ideas??

Last edited:
I have been thinking about this with mine and one thing I can come up with is this, could it possibly be for another fan, the only problem with this is that you have to run power all the way down to the bottom, but with using the oasis I could see a fan coming in handy to help the humi out a little bit.

I need help with something. Ive asked a couple other BOTLs about this and they didnt know either so Im posting pics and asking others to help me.

the second pic is with the door open and looking up inside the top, there is a large round hole........What is this for???

The only thing I can come up with is so you can put your hand inside there to get to the round hydrometer, but to me this doesnt make sense.....any ideas??

It looks like it allows access to the hygrometer as you noted but more importantly also allows airflow to reach the hygrometer without which the device would be useless even by analog standards.

That is my SWAG and I'm sticking to it :)

All good answers and things I have considered, I guess there is logic behind it. I emailed the site where my wife got it from and asked about it, Ill post what the guy tells me.

I do have beads up there, 2 small glass ashtrays :)

Ive tried putting a fan up there, but not enough space for an oust fan.

I can see the hole being there for access to the hydrometer, but why not just do away with it altogether and have more space up there.....ugggg

Oh well maybe the guy at the website will enlighten me.

does that hole go to the outside. if it does it might be for ventalation. the humis at my local B&M have vent holes to expell some of the excess heat

My guess would be that the mill cutting the cedar uses a master template for that size cabinet. Then the people doing the actual cabinet assembly don't have to do any extra cutting if the order calls for the fan or light others have suggested

Nice cabinet BTW ;)

Back