Help with torch lighter pliz!

hotreds

Support the troops!
Ok, so I go outside today, and attempt to light up my cigar with my triple torch. Trouble is, I can't see the flame to save my life--er--cigar! I guess, and light it, but do a poor job. Do I have to go with a Bic or matches to light up outdoors? Do some torches have a flame that is visible outdoors? HELP!

The more you do it, the easier it will be because the flame is always going to be at the end of the lighter. :D

Happened to me the other day with my triple flame too (new with torch lighters).

If you can line up the cigar with the torch, hold the cigar at roughly a 45 degree angle, away from the torch maybe an inch higher that it's top. Move it closer, and when it starts to toast up, stop moving it, and rotate. Easy as pie! :)

I think you just get used to it and "feel" your way. Happened to me today...couldn't see the flame but I knew it was there from the sound and the reaction of the cigar. Take into consideration the wind too because it will effect the flame even on the torch lighters more than you'd think.

All clean burning fuels will not show up outside. But, on the other hand, you wouldn't want any chemicals that would add color to the flame cause they would probably add a chemical flavor.

I just go inside my garage or in a shady spot to light and then come back out and enjoy the smoke.

Doc

Ok, so I go outside today, and attempt to light up my cigar with my triple torch. Trouble is, I can't see the flame to save my life--er--cigar! I guess, and light it, but do a poor job. Do I have to go with a Bic or matches to light up outdoors? Do some torches have a flame that is visible outdoors? HELP!

Hugh, they make all different torches that have colored flames.
I have a dolphin torch that throws a green flame. There's red flame ones too.
I bet a red flame one would be easier to see.
I always toast my cigar first and I can see what's going on. Then I hit it with the flame after I stick it in my mouth just to finish it off. That helps, too.

But sir be CAREFUL with that damn thing... you may not be able to see the flame, but mark my words... you sure as hell will be able to feel it!!

But sir be CAREFUL with that damn thing... you may not be able to see the flame, but mark my words... you sure as hell will be able to feel it!!

To true, I have burned myself more than once and it only takes a split second.

Shade can help but not always when it is a bright sunny day and that doesn't do much at the beach. I have gotton used to the flame and where it is and the sound it makes when lit instead of just blowing gas.

Thank y'all! I guess it's basically a practice makes perfect situation. I'll see if I an find one of those red flame jobs, too! And yes, when I was first starting out I made the mistake of checking the existence of a flame with my palm! Yowzers, once bitten, twice shy, babe!

Back