Hemingway Maduro

AZiKar

Young Chimp
I smoked a Hemingway Classic Maduro today and felt moderately pleased with the cigar. The beginning of the cigar felt very constricted and the pull was extremely tight. The remainder of the cigar had a decent pull. My friend's cigar, however, burnt much faster and eventually ruined the cigar for him. This, along with other experiences with this smoke has led me to believe that this should be considered a medium rated cigar. I'd love to hear what experiences the rest of you have had with this cigar.

I agree with Oliver in general, I have always liked the Fuente Hemingway line and find that it is one of very few NCs that I will smoke fairly regularly.

Ben, is your friend a "fast smoker"? Perhaps the cigar heated up a bit too quick because of this or for being underhumidified? Just a thought. My experience with properly stored Hemingways has been good to a fault. :)

I smoked one Hemi maduro out of a box with 18 left in it which I bought because they are rare and I knew I wouldn't see them again for a long time at a decent price.

I was a bit disappointed. The draw was a bit too firm, like yours, and the flavor was rough around the edges. That was a year ago, and they have been sitting in the humi. I will try another one very soon... Larry.

I agree with Oliver in general, I have always liked the Fuente Hemingway line and find that it is one of very few NCs that I will smoke fairly regularly.

Ben, is your friend a "fast smoker"? Perhaps the cigar heated up a bit too quick because of this or for being underhumidified? Just a thought. My experience with properly stored Hemingways has been good to a fault. :)

Mine as well, Tom. For some reason, I cant put these down, even when faced with some CoRos in inventory.

I smoked one Hemi maduro out of a box with 18 left in it which I bought because they are rare and I knew I wouldn't see them again for a long time at a decent price.

I was a bit disappointed. The draw was a bit too firm, like yours, and the flavor was rough around the edges. That was a year ago, and they have been sitting in the humi. I will try another one very soon... Larry.

One really cannot rate the draw on the Hemis until the burn crests the nipple at the head of the cigar. Its the same thing with Cuabas - any perfecto/figurados have a very small lighting area. From my experience, the draw always opens up once the burn makes it past the nipple at the foot. I as well have found that some of the maduros were a little "rough" and left me hankering for a regular Hemi.

One of the few non-habanos I still horde. I love Hemi Mad's and I would smoke them everyday if I had a never ending supply!!

One really cannot rate the draw on the Hemis until the burn crests the nipple at the head of the cigar. Its the same thing with Cuabas - any perfecto/figurados have a very small lighting area. From my experience, the draw always opens up once the burn makes it past the nipple at the foot. I as well have found that some of the maduros were a little "rough" and left me hankering for a regular Hemi.[/QUOTE]

I have experienced the same thing with this style of cigar, and have also had some issues with an even burn on this style. don't know if it is the style or construction or what. But I do enjoy a good hemi.

I love the natural Hemingways , but have yet to try one of the maduros. I was fortunate enough to track a few down last Christmas and they have been in my humi since, So they "should" be good. Thanks for the review :ss

I just smoked another Hemmingway. This time it was natural. The cigar was still an amazing smoke, unfortunately it seemed that the shop that was storing them kept the humidatity a little to low. Then again, what could I expect, he was storing his Acids with the rest of the smokes.

Back