Herf Aftereffects Poll

What Herf Aftereffects Do You Experience?

• Total voters

dwhitacre

My Other Brother Darrell
I just finished my first and second Herf. Me, and my BOTL enjoyed an organized Herf last week and then we came up with a spontaneous Herf this past Saturday.

In the early morning after each Herf I feel like I need to shave my tongue. My mouth is dry and my tongue feels coated in what I can only describe as :BS poop. I am calling this aftereffect - "Herf Mouth".

I told my Jedi Cigar Master, Bobarian, my mouth taste like a$$. He wanted to know how I know what a$$ tastes like. I can only guess that it tastes like my mouth after a Herf.

I would like people to poll in and let me know if anyone else gets Herf Mouth or any other Herf Aftereffects.

As long as I eat before the Herf, drink some water, and don't get carried away with the booze, life is great:pp

:tpd: Like yesterday: three great sticks, four beers, great conversation, one football game, and two trashy Coors Light girls later, and I was feelin' fine. It's all about moderation :r

Don't smoke too fast and keep drinking water or whatever your poison is. Also, drink afterwards. I always do a good job brushing my teeth and scrubbing my tongue after a herf, before I go to bed. Never had any problems, yet :) :tu

Some great advice and nice to see that people can survive a Herf without symptoms.

I will try brushing my tongue - is that with a toothbrush, sandpaper, or my lighter?:r

Keep 'em coming...

The last time I herfed I just drank a ton of water(while herfing and after) and brushed my teeth/tounge as soon as I got home and didn't seem to have any problems.

I just finished my first and second Herf. Me, and my BOTL enjoyed an organized Herf last week and then we came up with a spontaneous Herf this past Saturday.

In the early morning after each Herf I feel like I need to shave my tongue. My mouth is dry and my tongue feels coated in what I can only describe as :BS poop. I am calling this aftereffect - "Herf Mouth".

I told my Jedi Cigar Master, Bobarian, my mouth taste like a$$. He wanted to know how I know what a$$ tastes like. I can only guess that it tastes like my mouth after a Herf.

I would like people to poll in and let me know if anyone else gets Herf Mouth or any other Herf Aftereffects.
I have only been to one HERF, (can't wait for the next one) so let that be the guide. I had three cigars during the herf and dinner, so that could also be the reason why I did not experiance the ill effects of unshaven toung. Like all things, when you enjoy yourself you can over indulge of anything. But to answer your Q, no I did not sense the camp marched through my mouth.:2 You may wish to gargle after your next herf is over to rinse to sensation out of your mouth. Just IMHO!

I hesitate to respond since I only have one HERF under my belt, but...

I endured remarkable restraint for myself - limiting to two cigars. Drank gatorade during, ate before, ate during. Drank copious fluids after and I didn't brush my fangs or tongue like I normally would. I did use a saline inhaler in my nose 5-6 times later that night and took a long hot shower breathing deeply through my nose. I woke up with absolutely no taste in my mouth and felt great.

Next HERF I'll go for 3 sticks and see where that leads me. hehe

I felt fine after Saturday, hell, had three more cigars yesterday. I was feeling a bit "off" after last Saturday's herf but I think that's because the sun room got so smokey I was breathing in a lot of resting smoke. I think smoking most of them outside made a big difference.

And yeah, brushing and some Crest mouthwash and I'm fine.

I had 6 or 7 at the first east bay Herf. I got green and yacked a bit, but I'd forgotten I hadn't eaten anything before, and only cookies and wine during and pizza towards the end. d'oh.

In the early morning after each Herf I feel like I need to shave my tongue.

Boyfriend, what they aren't telling you is the key to successful herfing is ya gotta change your lipstick and find something ELSE to occupy your mouf between cigars! :tu

Boyfriend, what they aren't telling you is the key to successful herfing is ya gotta change your lipstick and find something ELSE to occupy your mouf between cigars! :tu

Ummm - you are invited to the next herf - :ss

Ron

Brushing @ mouthwash are mandatory for me. My wife also makes me take off my clothes in the garage and leave them there!:c

I have a only a few herfs under my belt. After getting sick at my first herf I have learned to plan out my cigars for the day. Start out mild and work my way up to full bodied. Eating prior to smoking and then eating throughout the day is imperative if I plan on smoking multiple cigars. Also, I find that drinking plenty of water, soda, or whatever helps with the "herf tongue".

Of course this is only my :2

Your results may vary :)

I agree with planning out your smokes a bit. But not always ending with a full flavor. I tend to smoke my fulls as my middle smokes and end with something shorter or milder.
My:2

After the Hillbilly Herf in November I know how the OP feels...to a point...after 6-7 cigars and my 1st couple bowls of a new pipe my mouth needed a vacation after that!! I dont drink anyhting besides sprite or water so I know I wont be hurting otherwise. I couldn't taste anything the next day after that!!

Now after Sats lil herf and 3 cigars later I was golden and if I didn't already have plans I would of smoked a few more watching the Chargers loose.

Shawn

Back