Hiccups?!

DonJefe

Missing the Shack
Lately, I get hiccups while smoking a cigar! Anyone else suffer from this and know a possible cause?!

DonJefe said:
Lately, I get hiccups while smoking a cigar! Anyone else suffer from this and know a possible cause?!

Kinda odd..? I have no clue. I know depending on how strong the cigar I'm smoking is, sometimes I'll get some sorta reflux/chest issue. At those times I wished it was just hiccups! :D

The cause with hiccups in general is too much O2 in your blood stream. That's why fixes like breathing into a bag or holding your breath can get rid of them, by replacing some of the oxygen with CO2. I read once that nicotine raises the heart rate and that can hyperoxygenate the blood.

Maybe you shouldn't come up for air during the smoke, just all smoke, all the time. :r jk

you're weird Jeff!! LOLOLOL.. but that's ok so am I. If I eat something that's really hot (spicy), I get the hiccups.

Moglman's got a point.. smoke smoke smoke

DonJefe said:
You must be smoking some good Cigars Jefe! :D
Happens to me all the time, hiccups and a burf :D
Hate and love with the PSD 4!

Yea, I've heard of this happening to several folks. But that could have just been the amount of beer consumed too?.... :r

When I get the hiccups I usually can just put them out of my mind and they go away after two or three... No, wait......that's the wife....Oh never mind!!

dadof3illinois said:
Yea, I've heard of this happening to several folks. But that could have just been the amount of beer consumed too?.... :r

When I get the hiccups I usually can just put them out of my mind and they go away after two or three... No, wait......that's the wife....Oh never mind!!

That's funny!
:w + :al = :bx

I think I read someplace that Uncle Mikey said Nicaraguans give him hickups. Trw switching to Dominicans?

don't know why it would happen, but I do have a strange cure for hiccups:
eat a dab of peanut butter. works every time.

Jeff, I get the hiccups almost every time at the end of a cigar, almost always on the last draw from it. Weird. No none cure except to quit breathing all together.

SeanGAR said:
I think I read someplace that Uncle Mikey said Nicaraguans give him hickups. Trw switching to Dominicans?

Thats Pick me ups. And only when on extended mission. :D

Nicorette does it to me occasionally. I chew it except when smoking.

It's happened to me on an infrequet occassion.
I usually slow down on the smoking then take seven gulps of water in a single breath (which is my cure for hiccups), and that takes care of it.

I thought I was the only one that got hiccups from cigars. It happens about one out of every 5 cigars I smoke, always towards the end, and usually with stronger cigars. :2

I was gonna start a thread, and ask this question... but as a noob I ran a search 1st glad I did....Anyway, I seem to get the Hiccups only with spicy sticks...WHY WHY WHY? ...I love the spicy ones, but am reluctant to try some becasue of Hiccups at the end....Example Cusano Corojo 97. Great smoke last 2 inches kicked my A$$...Hiccup Hiccup

I was gonna start a thread, and ask this question... but as a noob I ran a search 1st glad I did....Anyway, I seem to get the Hiccups only with spicy sticks...WHY WHY WHY? ...I love the spicy ones, but am reluctant to try some becasue of Hiccups at the end....Example Cusano Corojo 97. Great smoke last 2 inches kicked my A$$...Hiccup Hiccup

Funny, sometimes a spicier cigar will give me hiccups too, but only at the very beginning rather than the end. I guess it will take a greater mind than mine (not hard to find) to figure out the cause, rather than just the cure.

Back