High humidity

swawesome

Young Ape
So I have a humidor that my Dad gave to me and the crappy analog guage has always said its way dry. I finaly bought a digital the other day and did the salt test with it before I put it in. I put it in before work and checked it when I got home last night around 9:30 and it was 79% humidity! I took out my humidifier (Xikar crystals) to let it regulate some. But won't it go back up to that when I put it back in? What should I do? Oh and I live in Austin so there's a bit of humidity down here.

If you're using the polymer crystals, you're using propylene glycol for regulation, right? It might be time to add more.

Did you let the salt test run for longer than 24hrs? The longer it's in there the more accurate it'll be. I use beads that are 70% so if things every drop to about 61-62 I just spray them to charge up. You might want to make sure the humidor is seasoned correctly too.

you should be fine if you took them out for a little while...it's easier to maintain if it's low RH since you can add distilled water...

No since really in splitting hairs over Rh . If your cigars feel and smoke fine I wouldn't worry to much.

Back