Highland Park 15y/o Scotch?

:eevis

ChestBeater
Has anybody had this before, I picked up a bottle this weekend, and am looking forward to trying it soon, (more of a beer weekend for me). So any thoughts on it?

I've had it once while it was enjoyable, I have found when I'm ponying up for a pricier *to me* bottle the extra few bucks for 18 is worth it.

Not to knock this at all, if you've never had the 18 you won't at all feel like you are missing anything.

The taste and nose is well above par for other 15 y/os i've had.

It's a good bottle. I have a guy here in NJ that has a liquor shop that buys the casks from the distributor and he was selling his own bottling of his 23 y/o for less than 100 bucks. Need to smoke a fuller bodied cigar with this one but the highlands are nice. Check out www.whiskyguild.com which is a whisky cllub I belong to. You must come to one of our tastings.:tu

:tuWell, looks like I made a pretty good blind choice. My wife thougt i did because of the celtic knotwork on the bottle, and because it is the also the name of a park that she takes our son to. I like your reasons, a little eaiser to explain to my purchase to my buddies.:tu

The only Highland Park I've had was a Signatory release that was 14y/o, but it was outstanding. One of the best scotches I've ever had.

Back