Holiday Season Questions????

jaycarla

Resident Oliva Whore
Ok, I need a little clarity. After searching, yes I did spend 30 minutes searching first, I can't tell how to approach the holiday season as far as cigar purchasing.

I have seen more threads pop up here the last couple weeks saying that availability will be high and prices will be good. Also that some new sticks will be coming out.

Searching I saw some from last year that had prices high on cbid and demand way up.

So, I know there is plenty of experience here, what should I and other newbs that haven't hit a holiday season with our new found love of the leaf expect? High prices? Lower prices? A run of new sticks? Hard to get the sticks we can get easy right now.

Or, it is entirely possible I am overthinking this and I won't really notice anything except some pretty good sales.

Major distributors are more likely to have a broader array of deals and specials, but you'll likely see less of a discount off anything popular.

B&M's depend on the owners for that, but my experience is they'll run a special for a few weeks which is usually a lost leader to get customers into the shop.

I wouldn't expect to see anything that isn't already in short supply be sold out.

Major distributors are more likely to have a broader array of deals and specials, but you'll likely see less of a discount off anything popular.

B&M's depend on the owners for that, but my experience is they'll run a special for a few weeks which is usually a lost leader to get customers into the shop.

I wouldn't expect to see anything that isn't already in short supply be sold out.

:tpd: True, IMHO. :ss

Usually sometime in Nov-Christmas. you can find Opus and Anejos at the local B/M's, I've found with the harder to find sticks buying them from a local B/M is where you'll find the best prices. Cbid is never has good prices on the hard to finf sticks especially Opus, Anejos, ect...

Also the end of the year is a good time to stock up on favorites, because after the new year there seems to be a lull in what the B/M recieves for a month or two, I think this must be the time of year the cigar manufacturers take a break.

Back