Holy Plume Batman!

bigswol2

Medulla Oblongata
Sat down tonight after Christmas dinner to have a smoke. Tonight I wanted something mild but full of flavor. I went to the back of the old wineador and pulled out a Diamond Crown maddie robusto figarado #6. It had been quietly resting in cello for a couple years.
HPIM0626.jpg

Now imagine my delight when I pulled it in closer for inspection. This picture doesn't do this thing justice but here it is. This was a mighty fine smoke! Merry Christmas Gorillas!

HPIM0630.jpg

I'm not the best at reviews but here goes. I used a gullotine cut that produced a really nice pre-light draw. Rich tobacco and almond came to mind with the pre-light. This may have been due to flavored coffee that accompanied this smoke... whatever it was it was a nice combination. A touch of my Xikar executive and we were underway. Gobs of thick leathery smoke came from this thing from the start. Somewhat mild and subtle is how I would describe this start. About midway it developed a dark almost bakers chocolate flavor that resided until the nub. The burn was so so but began to run at the half. A slight touch up and slowing down a bit bought the burn back in place. The smoke developed to about med bodied and there was no real nicotine kick. I remember these being a little more potent before I laid them to rest but they've aged gracefully. Exactly what I wanted for my Christmas smoke.

Back