Holy tragedy Batman

RevSmoke

Evolving Lead Gorilla
Went out fishing for a few hours today. Took along a Taboo Twist Torpedo that Gnukfu sent to me. Snip, light, puff, enjoy. Wow! Great smoke. I'm river fishing the Kewaunee for Steelhead trout... Yes, wading in the water...

I am about 3 inches into this bad boy - about 45 minutes after lighting it - really enjoying it. Sweet, not much spice, nutmeg, hazelnut, are some of the things I remember tasting. Incredibly firm cigar.

Finally, a bite!!! Yeeeesssss!!! Set the hook - fish turned - rod tip held high - swept the rod from right to left - fish jumped, a gorgeous fish. Buddy says, "Nice fish." I respond, "Thanks."

oooooppppppssss... in the passion of the moment, I had forgotten I had the cigar in my mouth. The attempted catch only bounced it further out into the river where it landed with a ffiiiiiizzzzzt and floated awy.

George, please forgive me. That's cigar abuse.

Oh the fish? Big bugger.. I was only fishing 6# test, and as he ran upstream, he found something in the river to get behind and broke the line.

No cigar + no fish = real sadness. :BS

you went fishing with only one cigar? I don't know wether to feel sorry for you or call you an idiot for below average headwork.

:gn:chk:chk:chk:chk:tpd::r

Typical fish story.
It probably went more like this...You saw what looked like a sure fish hangout but you cast too far and got hung in a tree. As you were jerking around trying to get your lure unhung you lost your balance and slipped and fell on the rock you were standing on. When you felt that cold water rushing into your waders it took your breath away and the Twist went flying as you yelled a few choice words.
Yep, I think that's the real story.
:chk

Typical fish story.
It probably went more like this...You saw what looked like a sure fish hangout but you cast too far and got hung in a tree. As you were jerking around trying to get your lure unhung you lost your balance and slipped and fell on the rock you were standing on. When you felt that cold water rushing into your waders it took your breath away and the Twist went flying as you yelled a few choice words.
I was thinking the same thing. :tu

Typical fish story.

Yeah! And it was probably a cremosa anyway.

you went fishing with only one cigar? I don't know wether to feel sorry for you or call you an idiot for below average headwork.

:gn:chk:chk:chk:chk:tpd::r

Oh, no, had other cigars, in fact had my travel tupperdor with me - it floats... and stays dry. I was just sad about the one dead soldier...

(by the way, I wrote the note last night, but posted it today - so I was fishing *YESTERDAY*)

Also njoyed a CFO #7 Belicoso and a AF Chateau - sun grown.

I hate it when that happens!!!:c

I forgot a stogie in my mouth, and when it dropped on the ground it knocked it out cold... The dang thing wouldn't lite after that!!!

Have yet to drop one while I'm fishing. The second it started to droop from my mouth and begin to head towards the water......I don't know what I'd do........

Glad you caught that rascal.....sorry about the stick.

I've done equally stupid things while smoking a cigar. Usually it just involves a lot of ash going on my shirt and pants.

Funny you mention that. I think ALL of my polar fleece jackets have melted circles on the fronts of them from where I ashed on my belly. :r

As far as the lost fish / cigar look at it this way my friend- now you have a great reason to go back and finish what you started.
:cb

It happens for sure. It's the downside of smoking while fishing. A downside I'm willing to accept. It's a lot harder when you're wading though, for sure. I've pitched a few smokes to take on the big boys.

Want to know what's worse? Burning thru leader with your stogie!

After dropping your smoke, you should have chased the fish. 6# test or 6 wt. line? If you're fly fishing with 6 wt. line, that's enough to land a king salmon if needed.

This is why they made those water proof cigar caddys.

To have many cigars on hande while on the boat.

Back