Hope! Perdomo Habano Corojo

Volt

Chestbeating Pack Leader
Ok, the genuises over at Perdomo are killing the Perdomo La Tradicion Cabinet Reseva Series - bot the SG and the Cameroon (a$$holes). But last night a Brother in need called me over to his house. Seems he bought a bottle of Evan Williams Single Barrel 10 year old and had no one to share it with. So, I volunteered to help a Brother in his time of need.

I was in a panic, unprepared with nothing to smoke. In route to his casa I slipped in to a local B&M and did a quick scan of the shelves, what's this, they now have Perdomos. The band of the Perdomo Habana Corojo jumped up at me and screamed - TRY ME. So I grabbed it and it's cousin the Maduro (robustos).

Wow, this stick looks and smokes great! The band looks good, the draw was spot on and no burn issues. Very smooth and easy on the tounge. Maybe a bit light for smoking with the bourbon, but they went together well. The Maduro might have been a better choice for the bourbon.

I really need to smoke this with a tea or water to better understand what I picked up. While Perdomo is killing 2 good lines - the Habano is an excellant and similiar smoking experience. From the write up:

Length/Ring: 5 x 52
Shape: Robusto
Wrapper: Natural
Strength: Full

If strength refers to nic - I have to disagree, no where near "full". I definitly give this smoke an 8 without even having given it the proper attention while smoking. BTW, the Evan bottle didn't fight worth a dam... We killed it in about 3.5 hours....

The sales pitch:

Perdomo Habano® cigars are the latest masterpiece from Tabacalera Perdomo. Nick Perdomo Jr. has created a special, full-bodied blend using Cuban-seed tobaccos grown in the Esteli, Condega, and Jalapa regions of Nicaragua. 'The beautiful Cuban-seed Corojo and triple-fermented Nicaraguan Maduro wrappers complement this unique filler blend by adding rich, bold flavors with a smooth, satisfying finish', says Nick. And tasting is believing. These must-smoke cigars will enthrall you.

To me, the Habano crushes anything from the Reserve or La Tradicion line. I say this as an educated consumer...I've been smoking Perdomos for over 10 years. I like the Habano more than even the ESV and Edicion de Silvio cigars.

Well, the Corojo wrapper is one I truly enjoy. I just loaded up on the Gran Habano #5 Corojos - Scored 20 from cbid at a $1 a pop. I do love that site - what a great purchase. In a sense, the Corojo sorta reminds me of the Tats in a spicey way. Off to see what the devil site has in the Habanos....

To me, the Habano crushes anything from the Reserve or La Tradicion line. I say this as an educated consumer...I've been smoking Perdomos for over 10 years. I like the Habano more than even the ESV and Edicion de Silvio cigars.

Haven't had the ESV or Silvio yet, but definitely better than the Reserve or La Tradicion. Love these!

:tpd:I agree, I've only been smoking them for about 5 years but the Habano is so far my favorite. I am anxious to try the new Patriarch and 10th Anniversary lines as well

Not sure I agree 100%, but both lines are excellant. I'm still squirlling away some SGs and Cameroons.

Every aspect of that cigar is impressive at first glance so I was reluctant to believe it was as good as it looked but it came through for me. I love 'em.

Thanks - nothing in here for Al.... He is way to busy trying to run his bunker while the bombs are landing all around him.

I just smoked one of these (the Toro) and was very impressed as well. I would say it is medium-full, but I'm giving up sugar (again) so that may have played a part in it.

I tried the Gran Habano #5 corojo last night and was less impressed. Just an OK smoke, but I paid $7 for mine. Seems to have more strength than flavor. At a buck a pop I would have been very impressed.

I smoked the Perdomo 10th Anniversary criollo and was blown away. These sticks are selling quickly at my local B&M (now temporarily sold out, thanks to me). This has now become my favorite wrapper. I had a Defiance criollo with similar flavors that faded, but the Perdomo just kept on giving. There doesn't seem to be many cigars with criollo wrappers - what's up with that? I'd love to try some other brands with a criollo wrapper. FWIW, I also tried the 10th anni maduro, but it was hard to judge as I kept comparing it to the criollo. Both smoked well with even burns and lots of smoke.

I just finished 2/3 of the Perdomo Habano Corojo Maduro version and gave it up... Not near as good as the Natural. So no more of them, but I see more of the Perdomo Habano Corojo naturals hitting the humi.

I don't like the maduro either. The corojo wrappered Perdoma has a pleasing taste, while not as strong as "corojo" brings to mind, it is a statisfying cigar

I want to very much love this cigar, I have to try a few more. BUT the two I have tried were not constructed well and burnt horribly. One was plugged to tight at a spot and the other just kept going out. I know all the warnings - i keep my cigars steady at 68 % humidity, I get them out of the humi at least 1 hour before smoking, etc. but still had these problems.

Back