Horology - Blancpain Quantieme Perpetual GMT Havana

mosesbotbol

Elder Jungle Leader
The latest addition from Blancpain to its Le Brassus collection is this perpetual calendar outfitted both with the patented system of correctors under the lugs and a second time zone indicator.

The case, 42mm in diameter and made of platinum, comes with a Havana brown dial, and it is a special limited edition of 150 pieces. It is water resistant to 100 meters and features double sapphire crystals.

It also comes with a bronze cigar cutter whose special design recalls an antique watchmaking lathe. This ensemble is housed in an elegant brown box, bearing the design of a cigar band and with another walnut box that is useable as a humidor.

In 2005 Blancpain presented an innovation, its patented system of under lug correctors, developed entirely in-house. Instead of placing correctors on the side of watch where they are visible when the watch is worn, the indications of the date, day of week, month, leap year and moon phase, of the perpetual calendar are adjusted by means of buttons which have been integrated into the lugs of the watch and which can be changed with a simple push of a finger.

havana.JPG

I think it's absolutely gorgeous.. I love watches, even though I don't know the first thing about em. If I could afford it, it would probably be one of my hobbies. As it is, I can barely afford to eat... after spending so much cash on cigars.. :r

Not sure how much it is, but Blancpain is one of the top brands, and one of the very, very few that has one watchmaker complete the watch from beginning to end, not an assembly line. My estimate on the watch is probably 20K plus???

Watches are a good hobby and if you buy them right, won't cost you too much in the end as they keep their value pretty well.

illuminatus said:
I think it's absolutely gorgeous.. I love watches, even though I don't know the first thing about em. If I could afford it, it would probably be one of my hobbies. As it is, I can barely afford to eat... after spending so much cash on cigars.. :r

Instead of sending you college kids cigars, maybe we should start sending food. I'd hate to hear about you guys smoking cigars on empty stomachs.

TypeO- said:
Instead of sending you college kids cigars, maybe we should start sending food. I'd hate to hear about you guys smoking cigars on empty stomachs.

:r, not a bad idea at all! I don't like smoking on an empty stomach, makes me feel like :pu . If I'm REALLY desperate, I can go eat at the campus dining hall, but chances are that eating there really WILL make me :pu. :r

illuminatus said:
:r, not a bad idea at all! I don't like smoking on an empty stomach, makes me feel like :pu . If I'm REALLY desperate, I can go eat at the campus dining hall, but chances are that eating there really WILL make me :pu. :r

Maybe your folks will give you that Blancpain as a graduation gift?

mosesbotbol said:
Maybe your folks will give you that Blancpain as a graduation gift?

HAH! It'd almost be cheaper for them to pay my student loans! (Which I should actually have paid off by this date, 2 years from now, if my calculations are correct) But it's a nice thought.

Not sure what you expected in the way of a response, but I'll tag on a ramble, just for shits and giggles.

I used to be a regular over at www.timezone.com but since losing my job and struggling financially over the past few years, haven't been in a position to pursue watch collecting as a hobby. I own only one nicer mechanical watch (Concord Impresario Chrono, based on the ElPrimero Cal 410 movement) and would like to add an IWC Aquatimer, JLC Reverso, and perhaps a Lange to the collection at some point when I can afford it.

It's amazing really, that when you get into the stratosphere of fine high-end watches like Patek, Vacheron and others of that ilk, that even a Rolex is slummin' in some respects.

Hammerhead said:
Not sure what you expected in the way of a response, but I'll tag on a ramble, just for shits and giggles.

I used to be a regular over at www.timezone.com but since losing my job and struggling financially over the past few years, haven't been in a position to pursue watch collecting as a hobby. I own only one nicer mechanical watch (Concord Impresario Chrono, based on the ElPrimero Cal 410 movement)

El Primero is a good movement. I am a regular on Timezone as well. Best place to buy a watch for sure. My next purchase is the Chronoswiss Opus or Eberhard Travesolo

Back